Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

The BEST KQ 700 deal

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 10:36 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The BEST KQ 700 deal

I live in SE Tennessee near the TN / GA line, I'm very interested in getting a Red 2005 KQ 700 due to the silver finish aluminum wheels.
Which Suzuki dealer has the best deal? I've found Power Sports Of Madisonville, TN pricing at $6299.00 plus tax with the option of buying a winch for $69.00.
Has anyone found a better deal?

By the way you King Quad 700efi owners, check out the review at http://atvscene.com/machines/suzuki/kingquad-05.htm and download the video of the King Quad... I'm sold

Old 09-17-2005, 07:32 AM
Range Rover

It is a good VIN for the reverse issue, right? Be sure to check. There's no way I'd buy the older version, even with the extended warranty. If you can get it for that price and it is a good VIN, buy it. I doubt you will find a much better deal.

That review and video is over a year old.

Old 09-17-2005, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What VIN number?

Old 09-17-2005, 11:01 AM
Trailblazer

How do you find out the VINs that have the defective reverse issue verses the one with the updated ECMs?

Old 09-17-2005, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

The '05 KQ's with their last 8 digits of their serial # above 52115956 are fixed. If you see one in the dealer below that # then they will most likely pretend that they don't know what you are talking about....just know that IF you buy one that you get a 5 yr warrenty on the reverse but from what I have read in here I would not buy one. I would def get one with a serial # above that or wait for an '06 in Dec/Jan.

Old 09-17-2005, 01:43 PM
Range Rover

They all have the updated ECM but the machines built after a certain date, with a number higher than mentioned, have the internals fixed also. The ECM doesn't entirely fix the problem. You want one with the new internals.

Old 09-17-2005, 10:48 PM
Trailblazer

Hey..

We went to the local Suzuki dealer today..... They were having a fall open house... Right on,,,, had no clue....Tried to win some freebies.. We got their to late...

However....

Their 2005 red KQ had a blue recall tag on it... So we check the vin number... Way lower than whats recommened here...

We ask the salesguy ...Whats with the blue recall on that KQ over there... he sayz.. OH>. yeah. its a knuckle problem...While looking at the front lower end.... When we get the parts in, we fix them.... O>>>>sure whats that again... Its a knuckle issue. some of them are that way.... Is this one fixed??.. not sure.. maybe...

Old 09-17-2005, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My number is 52122778> Well,is it good are bad?

Old 09-17-2005, 11:48 PM
Range Rover

Pwillie, that is a good VIN (higher number). You have the updated internal parts which consist of a roller bearing and shaft with oil provisions on the reverse idler gear. The originals have a bushing with no oil hole so they tend to gauld up and break the case when overheated. That was the reason for the updated ECM, to limit the max RPM's and to time out if used too long in reverse. You should have no reverse issues with the updated version however you deice to use your machine. Ride it like you stole it!

Nick, there is no knuckle recall of any kind. The only recalls were for the updated ECM and the throttle sticking. He's feeding you a line of BS. Find another dealer. Be sure to check yourself for the updated VIN as some will try and tell you anything to move the old machines. Just so you know, on the older ones, there is no fix unless they tear the whole thing down, something Suzuki will not pay for unless it is broken. So don't fall for the "It's been updated" line. The truth is in the VIN number on the frame.

5 year reverse warranty or not, you will be better off long term with the updated machine since they are available. Just imagine when the new ECM comes out and is available to remove the low end lag and reverse limiter crap. If you have an old version machine, you stand a good chance of breaking something with the new found power. Why risk it, just get a good VIN machine and ride worry free.

Old 09-18-2005, 02:44 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah.. we checked the VIN>number.... it was a lower number.... We didn't even ask about the reverse issue or other mentioned things........ We figured after that BS... he had some bridge or swamp land we could get for a decent price... LOL

Oh well... we will keep looking or wait for 06

Nick

Quick Reply: The BEST KQ 700 deal