Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

What a strange riding day

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 08:38 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a strange riding day

Had a tumble on a hill climb, but that wasn't to strange for me. As we were riding down an over grown trail with farily high grass I saw one of my buddies up front of me stop, then his son behind him made a quick stop and they both started pointing and making hand gestures to me. Everyone else with us was out of sight so I started looking around for deer, figured that's why they were pointing. Then I happened to look down at my boot and noticed that my boot, nerf bar, and shifter lever were all wrapped up with a very large snake! I then proceeded to beat my boot on the nerf bar once the snake came off I jumped from my bike and ran up the trail to where they stopped.
It ended up only being a black snake, but boy that was strange. I have this little thing about snakes that makes me run scared and screaming. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I can sit in a dark woods with coyotoes howling all around me and wait on turkeys, but snakes is a big no no in my book. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-02-2005, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

Thats quite the story. Just wondering how he got up on your nerf bar lol. Was it still alive after you beat the living daylights out of it? poor nerf bar haha. I wish I had nice weather to go riding everyweekend but unfortunatly they are calling for snow within the next couple nights [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] My buddy seen it go up into my a-arms then he could see it around my foot. He actually hit with his 250R then when I stopped to see what was up I ended up stopping right over top of it, just some good luck I guess. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
It was still alive after it took a beating, it slithered away in the grass. No worries though, my nerf bar is fine.

I wish we got more snow around here, not sure I'd wish for as much as you probably get though. This area shuts down with 10 or more inches on the ground. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-05-2005, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a cool story. I've heard of at least two stories when I was younger of people that ran over snakes with their utility quads and the snakes would somehow end up on their rear racks. They said the rear tires somehow flung the snakes up. That would freak me out too, even if it was a black snake. In my book, the only good snakes are dead snakes!

Couple other funny personal stories, my brother once hit a deer on an '86 quadsport on a gravel road back in the late 80's. Luckily, it was a very small deer and he was able to hit the brakes quite a bit before he hit it. There wasn't any damage and the deer seemed fine too. It was just really bizaare. I was behind him on a dirt bike and saw the whole thing.

Also, I once ran over and killed a cat on my bicycle when I was younger. I was flying down a large hill on a back street in the small town I grew up in when a cat ran right out in front of me. I didn't even have time to brake and my front tire and rear tire both ran right over the cat's back. My bike jumped a few inches or so in the air and I nearly wrecked (I was sitting down at the time and was not prepared to jump). The cat rolled into a ditch and was making a bunch of crazy noises, at least for a little while. I had a bunch of cat hair caught in my chain and sprockets also. It was scary at the time, but it's a pretty funny story to tell now.

Old 10-05-2005, 03:39 PM
TIC
Pro Rider

Im 35 years old, a desert storm vet from 1991, I now weigh around 350 pounds, can even bench press my own weight, I am not bragging, but would like to think I can still be a tough guy when I need to be.

But when ever any one brings a snake in my direction I will run and scream like a little girl!!!!!!!!!!! You have no idea what Ive gone through at work with the crew i work with!

I even raise my feet in the truck if I drive over one. my wife laughs at me hard. God I cant imagine One being somehow wrapped up on my atv while riding that would suck.

Old 10-05-2005, 06:26 PM
Trailblazer

At least your weren't attacked by a bear like I was.....Ok i made it up, i just wanted to have a cooler story than everyone else.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Range Rover

yagerzzz, cat story is hilarious! lol Last year a friend of mine hit a small doe with his 450R, he was racing another guy down a dirt rode and never hit the brakes once, actually killed the deer and didn't wreck to bad.

TIC, I know where your coming from. One thing I didn't include earlier, I was screaming as I ran away. My wife tells people all the time that I would protect her from anything, well anything except a snake. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

MUDDYGIRL400, your story sounds cool, keep making up more and tell us all about it.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-06-2005, 11:08 AM
Trailblazer

Well this one time at bandcamp......o wait, that has nothing to do with riding my eiger.....nevermind[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 10-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Pale Rider
With my goldfish shorts swimmin' around my toes.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: TIC
Im 35 years old, a desert storm vet from 1991, I now weigh around 350 pounds, can even bench press my own weight, I am not bragging, but would like to think I can still be a tough guy when I need to be.

But when ever any one brings a snake in my direction I will run and scream like a little girl!!!!!!!!!!! You have no idea what Ive gone through at work with the crew i work with!

I even raise my feet in the truck if I drive over one. my wife laughs at me hard. God I cant imagine One being somehow wrapped up on my atv while riding that would suck.
I'll take pit vipers over them damm Camel Spiders any day!!!! Me and spiders don't do well in the same vacinity.

Old 10-06-2005, 09:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was riding my 87 quadrunner about a month ago in the north georgia mtns.my buddy was in front of me on his recon and there was alot of dead trees on the trail so we had to zig zag around them.anyway a limb got wedged in my shifter and knocked the auto mechenism(sp)out from the shifter.all i had was reverse and was on a steep hill.i thought this was as bad as my day would get.WRONG!!!!when i was trying to back up the hill my back tires were spinning like crazy on top of a yellow jacket nest in the ground!one got me in the back of my head.i did not what was going on and about ripped my head off trying to get my helmet off.my buddy was screaming yellow jackets run to the river.got my new helmet off and it rolled down the hill hitting every tree on the way.jumped off my quad and it rolled halfway down the hill until a large tree stopped it.i got stung twice in the head and ran like crazy to the river.after the yellow jackets settled down we got the quad to the top of the hill.then i had to drive it backwards for a mileand half to the road.talk about your crazy days riding. later that day my buddy and i were enjoying a cold one and laughing about the days ride. a bad day riding is still better than a good day at work! later yall

Quick Reply: What a strange riding day