Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

93 Suzuki King Quad Clutch problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 02:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Suzuki King Quad Clutch problems

I noticed that when pulling up hills, the clutch was starting slipping. Whipped it off, found the manual clutch and automatic clutch. I replaced the manual clutch plates, and the springs, even after I checked the clutch plates and springs with a vernier guage. They original plates and springs looked alright.

But now i've had a look at the auto clutch, after I read a wee section in the manual, which i'd missed, which says how to check if it needs replaced. The auto clutch itself seems to be slightly worn bits on the sides ends of the plates,, but nothing major on the main bits. When I looked at the auto clutch assembly I noticed that their were scores in the metal. the scores were about 1mm deep, across the assembly basket. What i'm wondering if it needs replaced. The auto clutch itself looks alright and was wondering if replacing the auto clutch basket assembly would make it work. Would I need to replace both of the, even though the auto clutch looks alright.

The bike itself is my second bike. I've been out 30 weekends last year, or a 135 mile circuit down and round Glen Duror in Scotland. Lots of hills.

regards
scope_creep