Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

attn vinson owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 01:40 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default attn vinson owners

hi everyone i have an o6 vinny camo auto and i have 300 miles on it. had no problems at all except self inflicted ones, i smashed in my upper front grill loading it into the trailer, not so bad as it will only cost 45 bucks for a new grill. my question for you guys is how do you like the vinny what problems have any of you had and whats your favorite thing about this machine.
thanks for your input

Old 12-28-2005, 08:02 AM
Trailblazer

I put 26 mudlites on it, a winch and full skid plates, it is a true climbing machine. I have no complaints and it is has become my wife's! When I got her involved in riding I wanted to get her a used machine instead she got the Vinson and I got a new KQ. The KQ does not like sliding through corners like the Vinson does.

Old 12-28-2005, 10:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have an 05 Vinny and love it. The front plastic bumper is junk. Mine cracked while on the trails. I do wish Suzuki would've made a more durable front bumper. My rear brake also broke (hand brake) and I will be taking it in for repair since it's still under warranty. Other than that, I love the Vinny.

Old 01-19-2006, 06:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have an 03 vinny and I love it. runs great and up till now I have had no problems with it. At 2100Km the rear pads were gone and lately when I wash the bike after a run and the temp outside is cold the 4 wheel drive won't engage. I had the bike from new and never had that problem til now. The bike itself Is excellent the only mod I did was tires I put 25" Kenda Bear Claws all around. Bottom end the bike lacks a little but I guess if you want to be standing your sport ute on it's back wheels than maybe you should by a different machine. Anyhow enjoy.

Jeff

Old 01-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 04 vinny and it's been a very good quad,it's still one of the best looking bikes out there.I've got shock covers,K&N air filter,handguards and Suzuki a-arm guards and skidplate.The stock skidplate lasted about 100km i it peeled off very easily on a rock.My dealer gave me a credit on the torn up skidplate.

Old 01-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider

Ive got an 03, had it going on 2 years. Never had any probs sept self caused ones. Had to have the carb cleaned when it wouldnt run due to sitting up too much, (im in military, wasnt around for a while, so it slept in the garage quite a bit) ive got about 1100-1200 miles on it and just changed the brakes front and rear, although the rear ones had been gone for a long while (backs went at about 300 miles, front breaks went at about 1000. put EBC Severe duty pads on, will see how they last. ive got the polaris PXT 26" tires on it now , which i love them, they are way better than stock, but not as deadly on the drive train as some tires. its an auto and had NO probs from the drive system. never had to adjust or replace anything, well i do keep a few zip ties on board to put in the front plastic grill gaurds, where the snaps are supposed to be, when i break the ones that are there now while pushing on someone or something.

Old 01-20-2006, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

I have a '04 camo, 2500 winch, bumper gaurds. This machine (this is my 2nd. Vinson) is great. I also have an '05 K.Q. and there are some things I actually like better about the Vinson. Sure, it's a straight axel...but this thing sure rides nice! My first one I put almost 4000 miles on it before wrecking it on the upper banks of the columbia river. I then bought the K.Q. but wanted a vinson too....finally....I got another. Sure glad I did. As a side note: I had a 2004 Kodiak 450 that I got rid of fast because of the HUGE difference between the Vinson and the Kodiak...no competition: I went back to the Vinnie!

Old 01-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have the 06 vinson and 05 King Quad like both. Vinson gets arownd in the snow a lot better stock for stock. have a uncle with a 02 vinson with over 10000 miles and no problems and that this has been thrashed under water several times and over loaded all the time.

06 vinson
05 king quad

Old 01-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Range Rover

I've got two Vinnies and love them. You can see what I have added in my profile list below so I won't go into all of that. I do not care for the ITP Holeshot ATRs I have on the one but love the Maxxis tires on the other. I did have transmission problems with the 02 at about 1,200 miles. Suzuki finally took care of it after my dealer got on their case about it after they refused. Other than that I have had a trouble free experience with them and love the ride. I just picked up an 06 KQ so now I will have to check it out against my Vinnies. What a task to have to face!!!!!!!!

Old 01-24-2006, 04:14 AM
Trailblazer

I had an 02 and still have an 03. They are both autos. The 02 shifter would stick, but other than that they are awesome machines and seem to be tough as nails. It has a nice ride and a sporty look and feel, but at the same time it is a real work horse. I plow with it all the time and tow a meat trailer for hunting...it handles it all without any problems. The only better would be IRS. I gave the 03 to my wife and bought a KQ for me. The IRS really makes it nice, I don't know if it would "work" as good as the Vinny though.
I have over 1500 touble free miles on my Vinson. Good luck and enjoy a great machine.

Doug

Quick Reply: attn vinson owners