Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

King Quad Belt

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Quad Belt

I tried to edit my post on the belt but couldn't figure it out so here goes.
We tore down our friends King Quad and he did not have a filter on his intake pipe. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]So after a long and heated discussion with our dealer we found out that over a year ago when we complained about a belt squeal, they took the covers off our bikes and found dirt on the clutch. Well, they took the rubber deflecter off and put foam air cleaners over the end of the pipe and did not say anything to us. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]All this did after it got full of dirt is restrict the air flow through the belt housing allowing the dirt to build up worst. So that has been changed back to original. Sorry about the miss information. But we were miss informed or not informed of what they had done.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] But like I said before the bikes do run a whole lot better after we cleaned the clutch.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2007, 09:14 PM
Trailblazer
Default King Quad Belt

Glenlivet, You seem to really know what your talking about. Could you take a look at my post and give me an opinion? It's under "boy have I got trouble" and let me know what you think...Thanks!

Old 12-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default King Quad Belt

What are the reports on the 450- king quad? On dependability, low end, maintenance etc.

Old 12-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Trailblazer
Default King Quad Belt

I have over 5000kms on my KQ. At 2000kms I changed the belt but was told by the dealer he did not really think it needed it. At 5000kms I had a Dalton Clutch kit installed and a Copperhead ECU and had the belt checked - so the current belt had 3000kms on it and according to my dealer had very little wear. Since I had the Dalton installed I have noticed a remarkable improvement in the way the tranny responds and the unit operates. Far better engagement, smoother power delivery, more tourque, then after adding the Copperhead, a massive improvement in performance, All with the same belt. I think the key is keeping the belt clean and keeping the mud out. If ride and think any mud or dirty water may have gotten in I pull over and pull the drain plug and let all the crap out before continuing to ride.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default King Quad Belt

hello ! i have an 05' KQ 700. how do i change the belt? i have the coners and guards off and im looking at the the 2 wheels/pulleys that the belt runs on? i have changed belts on snowmobiles before but not an atv. can you help??? thanks alot!!!!

Old 02-06-2008, 03:08 PM
Trailblazer
Default King Quad Belt

I have a2006 Arctic Cat 500M. I have 1900 miles never replaced the belt, nor have ifelt any slipping. Last time the dealer lookedhe said the belt looks about new.
Anything under 15mph I use low range, or playing in the mud or pushing snow, or towing things.
Everthing else i use high.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Trailblazer
Default King Quad Belt

A while ago I saw a thread about how to 'Break in an ATV', the common answer was to "Drive it like you Stold it!" because you want everything to break under warranty!

It has been my experiance that people that abuse their toys tend to break them.

I don't know how everyone else has driven their machines but I do like some of the comments that have come up about 'Low gear to push snow', Cleaning after getting stuck in mud and water and so on. It shows a lot of responsibility and caring.

If you take care of things, they tend to last longer.

IMHO