ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Suzuki (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/)
-   -   85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help. (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/226867-85-88-suzuki-lt230s-quadsport-help.html)

atvman29 06-24-2009 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by PoolGod230 (Post 2811802)
I don't have a clue how u boys survive the heat+humidity??? Been awesome here in NorCal! Real cool till recently. But still nice, high 90's for just a few days, might hit 100 over the weekend... but I don't care, I'll be in the mountains ridin quads in the sierra nevada mountains, gotta be 15 degrees cooler! Randy I emailed you pix of the Looooong swingarm I welded, wanted to know what you thought of my welds? Atvman, enjoy your 400, but you will have a 230s in your stable again at some point. trust me, been there, doing that!
It still amazes me that my now almost stock 230 can "almost" keep up with the stock 400's. It is never very far behind, just in the top gears, and still just barely......... and most of these 400's have intake, exhaust, jetting! Even my 440ex that is bad to the bone, or my boys that ride highly modified ltr450's, at the end of the day, they want to ride the "turd"!they are always "that thing shouldn't be that quick, it shouldn't handle that good"..... I believe there is no bigger bang for the buck than a lt230s. Thanks for keepin em alive.

Thanks brother, I sure will. And I really wish I didn't even have to get rid of my 230 because I really did love it. Unfortunately I couldn't afford both. :( Its just hard to pass up deals this good when they fall right into your lap. Maybe 5 years down the road, when that dealer is still trying to sell my wheeler with the racks on, I'll buy it back from him! :D

This weekend I'll get to see how the new Cat holds up against my cousin's 250X. I still need to work on my quick 1st gear take-offs!

atvman29 06-24-2009 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by JustRandy (Post 2811827)
The a/c gets worked out a lot! While I'm digging, I keep a cooler full of water to dunk my arms and head into.

Kinda funny though... Ohio wasn't much different. Only more mosquittos. The record temp where I lived in OH is 105. Where I live now its 104.

Haven't gotten the email yet.

Its been really nice the last few years for us with mosquitoes. We've had some really late odd freezes and a few really early warm days, so its causing a lot of them to hatch early, only to freeze and die that night! I haven't gotten more than 20 mosquito bites in the last few years. I remember back when I could get that many in an afternoon!

atvman29 06-24-2009 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by JustRandy (Post 2811829)
I know what you mean. I've seen 230's not that far behind 400's. But voices are plotting quietly in the back of my head, "Yeah, let ME ride the 400 and let's see." :D

:D I've never heard of such voices......:rolleyes:

atvman29 06-24-2009 12:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's the awesome Cobra skid plate. I had just hosed down the wheeler, that's why there are water drips on the bottom. I love how the plate wraps up around the frame on the sides and just a bit in the front. The have a really nice looking Cobra Logo on the sides too, you can see a bit of it at the bottom of the last pic. Check out how nice the clamps are! Bolts threaded right into the bottom side of them.

Attachment 21284

Attachment 21284

Attachment 21286

atvman29 06-24-2009 12:53 AM

5 Attachment(s)
And here's how it looks w/ the new Holeshot H-D Fronts!

Attachment 21279

Attachment 21280

Attachment 21281

Attachment 21282

Attachment 21283

JustRandy 06-24-2009 01:03 AM

That looks nice! Why don't quads just come with those in the first place?

The quad looks good too. You got a helluva deal.

JustRandy 06-24-2009 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by atvman29 (Post 2811885)
Its been really nice the last few years for us with mosquitoes. We've had some really late odd freezes and a few really early warm days, so its causing a lot of them to hatch early, only to freeze and die that night! I haven't gotten more than 20 mosquito bites in the last few years. I remember back when I could get that many in an afternoon!

The only standing water we have here is the pond I'm digging. Its so hilly, water really never stops moving unless you dig a hole for it. That's one good thing about it here.

I don't know why its so humid here. In OH I lived by the lake and high humidity could be easily understood, but here? It is nice n lush with green here because of all the water. Any riding at night is like riding after it rained if you go in the grass. Water will still kick up off the tires and get your shoes wet.

atvman29 06-24-2009 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by JustRandy (Post 2811889)
That looks nice! Why don't quads just come with those in the first place?

The quad looks good too. You got a helluva deal.

I know! I've always wondered the same thing. Especially with those oil and coolant lines dangling down there.

atvman29 06-24-2009 07:05 PM

Man, I was playing around with the alignment on the front end of the DVX since it was off, and wow, a man could drive himself nuts doing that! It looks totally different from every angle. I think I got it pretty close though; or a lot better than it was anyways.

Can't wait to get that bad boy out this weekend!! :D

bashr52 06-24-2009 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by atvman29 (Post 2812281)
Man, I was playing around with the alignment on the front end of the DVX since it was off, and wow, a man could drive himself nuts doing that! It looks totally different from every angle. I think I got it pretty close though; or a lot better than it was anyways.

Can't wait to get that bad boy out this weekend!! :D

Theres a few ways to do it, one involves bricks, string, and a few wood posts. The easiest way is to center the bars and run a tape from the center of the tires in the rear, and then from the front and compare measurements. Meaure from a common point to the center to determine which wheel needs to move which way and how much.

Say the rears were out farther than the front by 2in. By measuring from a common point (like center of the frame) to the center of each rear tire, you could determine if one has to move in 1.5 and the other .5 or something.