Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lt230sman
sounds to me like the rear caliper bracket is siezed on to the carrier?
nope i got everything off, but it just doesnt want to come around

Old 08-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by northidahofisher
Hey yall, new to the site, and I have a few questions about tuning up my 86 suz 230. I started to read through the posts but after about 5 pages out of some 700+ pages I decided it would be easier to get an answer if I just asked the question.
How do you adjust the valves to get rid of the knock? I ordered a book off of ebay but wont be here for a bit, and I am going riding in the middle of nowhere monday......
second ? , on the right grip, there is a box with some sort of electrical component on it....what is it and should it zap the heck out of me when the engine is running? (obviously, no it shouldnt.... but all that is there is 3 small pieces of metal, and when you touch while running, zaps the living snot out of your finger). It looks like it might be the bottom portion of a switch, but there is not top portion of the switch.( if that is what it is)
Thanks for the help.
Welcome to the site! I'm not sure I can help a whole lot on your valve problem, but I can help with your second problem.

That switch used to be your on/off switch for your lights. Mine was missing it too, but it you just connect the two wires, you can leave your lights on full-time.

Isn't your throttle on the bottom side of that box? Or do you have a twist throttle installed?

Also, check out the website in my signature, there might be some valve specs on the specs/info page. Other than that, I'm still hoping someone will do a valve lash how-to page for me since I've got a 230 that needs some adjusting as well.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well the overtime paid off and i decided not to sell the quad. had an offer this weekend but after thinking about it, i just couldn't do it. even the wife said not to sell.
ATVMan, you can pull that ad on your site. i really appreciate you helping out tho.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Range Rover

well im really glad that your keeping it!!!

Old 08-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Range Rover

Does anyone have an xtra oil drain plug and housing that they dont need? I was looking fo rone on ebay but i would rather give my money to someone from here if its available.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by atvman29
Welcome to the site! I'm not sure I can help a whole lot on your valve problem, but I can help with your second problem.

That switch used to be your on/off switch for your lights. Mine was missing it too, but it you just connect the two wires, you can leave your lights on full-time.

Isn't your throttle on the bottom side of that box? Or do you have a twist throttle installed?

Also, check out the website in my signature, there might be some valve specs on the specs/info page. Other than that, I'm still hoping someone will do a valve lash how-to page for me since I've got a 230 that needs some adjusting as well.
Hey thanks!
sounds good with the wires, I will dink with them in the AM. I should have figured that it was something to do with the headlights... high/low switch or something...
My throttle is on the bottom, standard thumb throttle

The website is great lead me to knowing more than I did 30 minutes ago haha, not that I knew alot about it anyway hahaha.

Thanks again!

Old 08-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MalHombre
well the overtime paid off and i decided not to sell the quad. had an offer this weekend but after thinking about it, i just couldn't do it. even the wife said not to sell.
ATVMan, you can pull that ad on your site. i really appreciate you helping out tho.
Good news man!

I'll pull it down tonight.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by northidahofisher
Hey thanks!
sounds good with the wires, I will dink with them in the AM. I should have figured that it was something to do with the headlights... high/low switch or something...
My throttle is on the bottom, standard thumb throttle

The website is great lead me to knowing more than I did 30 minutes ago haha, not that I knew alot about it anyway hahaha.

Thanks again!
Yeah, the high/low switch is on the left, this is the on/off switch. If you look on the parts diagrams page on the site, you'll see a link for a wiring diagram at the bottom.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by lOOtin LeNNy
Does anyone have an xtra oil drain plug and housing that they dont need? I was looking fo rone on ebay but i would rather give my money to someone from here if its available.
I'd sell yah one if I had one!

Old 08-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lOOtin LeNNy
BikeBandit or your local Suz dealer should have it. i recently replaced mine for about $15. the threads in that housing piece stripped out.

on an unrelated note: is anyone else getting a "unresponsive script" warning when these pages load? this site seems really slow lately. btw, i'm running the latest ver. of Mozilla.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.