Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

LT-500 QUADRUNNER POSTS?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2000, 10:14 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey fellers! i have been off work since thursday and have been too busy with CNN and C-SPAN to get on here much!!!! I had seen bloodtrail's pics in another thread somewhere, nice ride there. as soon as i get mine back from this dumass dealer up here i am going to get some pictures of mine up. i still don't have my claws yet but if my wonderful brother in Charlotte, NC will hurry and send them i can get them ready to ride!! I haven't had any problems with my 500 except i had heard a strange noise and knowing about the rear diff problems the 99's had i went ahead and took it in and let them do the work. Hey, it's free!
i would like to have been riding a couple times but i wanted to get it fixed before it really "hard broke". I have been considering putting on a set of those Progressive shocks instead of a lift kit. I have been discussing it with Jeff at Highlifter and we think it would work good. they give you about an inch and a half more lift than stock! we'll see soon

Old 11-11-2000, 10:19 PM
Trailblazer

ecorman1, have you ever ben up here to AK? this place is an ATVer's paradise man. I have never seen so many places to ride. the one area we normally ride in has it all too, mud, water, sand dunes, woods trails, technical, rock crawling and serious hills!! oh, and i almost forgot---polar ice pack to creep around on!!!

Old 11-11-2000, 10:51 PM
r34
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ACdude....

Unfortunately, that winch mount is a factory issue available from Suzuki Canada only.

I know that it doesn't make any sense, but Suzuki says that the U.S. and Canada are two separate companys.

Anyway, my friend Bloodtrail, from Wisconson, searched all over the U.S. for this particular mount, and just couldn't find one.

So therefore, with my help, he ended up ordering one from the Suzuki dealer in Edmonton, and they shipped it to him in the U.S. .

The nice thing about this mount, is that it is bolts right on, with no modifications to the Quad at all.

This unit is priced at $ 120.00 Canadian, so that would equate to about $ 85.00 U.S. plus shipping.

If you need any more info, don't hesitate to ask.

Ron...

Old 11-11-2000, 10:55 PM
r34
Pro Rider

Big500Suzuki...

Whats that about the Progressive Shocks ?

Are you saying that without a lift kit, and the addition of these shocks, that the result is a 1" lift ?

Old 11-11-2000, 11:07 PM
Trailblazer

that is what highlifter and Progressive says. I looked up the specs and the spec sheet says it too. I am seriously considering doing this because I don't want to replace parts too early.

Old 11-11-2000, 11:23 PM
r34
Pro Rider

That sounds good, but those dang things aren't cheap, are they ?

Old 11-11-2000, 11:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ron, can you give me any phone numbers to call or web sites that I can order from, or just tell me how the guy got them shipped to the US or what he had to go through. Or, do you know of any other mounts that will work? thanks

Old 11-11-2000, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

No, I haven't! But you're still a card...
Chuck, Suzuki KQ 300, GPS & lunch...

Old 11-12-2000, 01:17 AM
r34
Pro Rider

ACdude..

Sure I can help you, the dealer is Argyll Suzuki, in Edmonton Alberta.

I don't know their number off of the top of my head, but I will certainly get it for you.

If you want, I will contact the Suzuki dealer for you, and make sure that they have some in stock, and then I will get the phone number for you.

You can make all of the arrangements with them yourself, and they will ship it to you which ever way you prefer.

Ron.....

Old 11-12-2000, 10:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks Ron, im am going to check with my dealers around here and make sure they cant get it, just email me or just post the information on here also if you dont mind ask how much shipping would be.

Quick Reply: LT-500 QUADRUNNER POSTS?!?!