Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Extended Warranty Question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended Warranty Question?

My dealer wanted $800 US for it when I bought my bike. My thinking on this was I could fix a lot for $800 (small ticket items) but I am seeing extended warrenties on Ebay for $399 US. i would not mind to pay the $399 price for the piece of mind in having the warranty but not the asking $800 price. My question is has anyone bought one from Ebay and had to use it? Is there any way to get proof that the warranty is from Suzuki and not just from the dealer. I have had the dealer wannabties in the past and moved out of state to find that when I had a problem I had to drive 200+ miles back to the dealer that sold me the warranty. My factory 6 mounth runs out in a few weeks so I have to do something pretty soon. Thaks guys!

Old 01-22-2006, 02:56 PM
Trailblazer

I bought mine in Dec....could have bought the extended warranty for $800 (CDN) then but the dealer said..........no, no need, just throwing my money away....then a week ago his salesman...calls up an offers me the same extended warranty but now its $1100 (CDN)...thats 3 additional years bumper to bumper...no deductable....if I buy before 6 months is up....so I asked....Why is it MORE now? and Why didn't I need it at $900 but need it now at $1100.....no answers from the stealership other than it's discounted if you buy it at the time of sale...but I think it's just a way to peel an additional $200 out of my jeans...
I'm torn about the issue too...whether to get the warranty or not....I would like to hear from some more experianced KQ owners about the VALUE of getting the warranty....I guess it's a waste of $$$ if I never use it, and it's a waste if Suzuki steps up and pays for items like the steering knuckles, ECM, and air filter (one of these days) with or without the extended warranty.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh......It's never an easy call spending $1100 (plus GST 7%) on a pice of paper......any others out there with thoughts on this subject?

Old 01-23-2006, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks guys! I just got the 42 (makes 48 months total)month warranty from Pro Motor Sports Inc. They had one end yesterday and I did not want to run the bid up on the high bidder so I emailed the seller and asked if the would send me a Pay Pal invoice to my email address for the same $399 and they did so this morinig. I called them and spoke to Matt who was very helpful in saying that the dealer could not tell where or how much I got the warranty. They have another one on ebay now for the $399 starting bid. I am not going to show my dealer this until I need to use it. I want to tell them that I got it for half but don't want to burn any briges. Thanks for the replys and PM's.