Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

quadzilla questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 10:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quadzilla questions

I'm a pro-street drag racer on the eighth mile tracks in texas. My last race i noticed quads drag racing and laying some pretty respectable times and mph. Sooooo to make a long story short i picked up a 1990 quadzilla basket case. I've gone through the bike front to back and have 1 problem remaining! The motor is possesed! It runs when it wants to and when it doesnt, oooohhhhh, my right foot is black and blue from compression kick back! I dont know alot about 2-stroke motors so my questions are as follows: the button on top of the clutch handle to pull back 2 levers instead of 1, what is it? The dial on the left side of motor by the exhaust port ( i think it reads 0 and 500) what is it? and by turning the **** what does it do? And is there anything i can do about the kickback while im trying to start it, any help would be appreciated, i can only take so many more kickbacks and the bike will go up for sale. thanks for ya'lls help, mike[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2006, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider

when you push down that button it is supposed to engage the parking brake . most of the time it doesnt work .

the dial is the exhaust valve cover . turning it changes when the valve opens and closes . it has a certain spec so i wouldnt change it unless it needs to be set .

as far as the kick back ... HEHEHHEE thats just a zilla for ya . check to see if the plug is good and carb is set correct and it will help . but other then that ..... i wish they made steel bottom left boots !!!!!!!! LOL

Old 01-26-2006, 11:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok, stupid me turning on things that i shouldnt , how can i get it back to spec, or does it require more than that( a profesional) thanks for the reply[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2006, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

take off the screws and take out the dial . then when the spring goes to its home position reinstall the dial and lightly screw the cover back down . make sure the flat part on the raised area of the dial is pointing to the zero . then turn itcounterclockwise 360 degrees and then tighten it back down . any more questions feel free to ask .

Don