YOU GOT TO SEE THIS

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 07:31 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YOU GOT TO SEE THIS

And bob we all enjoy going and browsing at the store. But when were gettin bent over why do we wanna do business with them? If our states weren't bending business's over and serving them the sausage we might get better prices aswell. But bob greed goes both ways. for everyperson that wants to screw everylast dollar outta another there is someone willing to sell their sole to the devil for the lowest possible rate.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:54 PM
Trailblazer

The prices are set by the manufacturer (on tires) and on I agree no two pay the same for ATV's (just like cars). I gave the name of a fair store in my post however the Moderator felt it necessary to "edit" it out.

Talk about censorship!!!!

Edit my post only and not the others that mention store names or web sites. The fix is in and this place is participating in it.

Onefly- you are right the greed goes both ways.....

Old 04-05-2006, 08:47 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

I'll admit I shop online for prices then call the dealer. Actually got parts cheaper from them sometimes. If it's just 10 bucks, I'll buy from the dealer. But if we're talking 100, I know where my money will be going.
Maybe the dealer I use is different from the rest. Not real big, but has been in business a long time. The salesman is also the partsman. And they remember peoples names (novel idea).

Here's an example. A while back Polaris was having a sale on all their parts online. I could get a Snell and DOT rated helmet for 50 bucks. Went to another dealer (not my idea) and asked about the helmet. The parts guy said those helmets aren't any good. WTF? Don't they meet the same standards as the 175 dollar one he wants to sell me? Went to my regular dealer. The color that was on sale wasn't in stock, so he ordered it. Gave me the 50 dollar price too.

Guess the bottom line is shop around, check prices and try to find a dealer you can have a good relationship with.

Old 04-05-2006, 08:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some things I buy from a dealer in town,others I shop on the internet!Shopping for a good deal is and can be a lot of fun....and isn't this what we do? HAve fun?

Old 04-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Trailblazer

try dennis kirk.com i think there pretty good from what i can tell
hope u find what ur looking for

Old 04-05-2006, 09:53 AM
Trailblazer

what about the mudlite are u saying there not a good tire
just wondering thanks

Old 04-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Trailblazer

well at my dealer i can get some 22-11-8 mudlites for 46dollars a peice see if u can find that on the internet when u do let me know

Old 04-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Trailblazer

at nebraska tire 64.95 is that for two tires because at my dealer i can get one tire for 46.oo so let me please

Old 04-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

I hear what Bob is talking about... I try and buy local/American whenever possible... Unfortunatly in this market it's almost impossible.... Heck, my old banshee and my son's current blaster only run with Toomey (Paso Robles CA)... And IMO they are the BEST for those quads, hands down...

But back to avoiding being bent over any more then we have to be..... And Bob, this is not meant to be personal at all but since you brought it up it's directed to you.... I agree with the MSRP being set by the manufacturer... but don't try and tell us that price is the price we pay an additional 10-15% because the dealer has to make a profit..... I totally agree that they have families to feed and bills to pay...hey, so do I. That is EXACTLY why I shop around. The dealers know what items have the largest profit margins and that's why those are the items on the counter, have the neon or halogen lights right on them, or have the fancy cardboard display on them... economics 101.....

I have a parts unlimited book of my own and know what the mark up is on parts.... when I want to buy a set of holeshot XCR's.... I can get 1 at my local dealer for $74.99.... or I can go through my contacts and get one for $47.95 delivered to my door in 2 days. There is no way in heck that a dealer can justify making $27 off me for one tire no matter how friendly they are... AND, we're not even going to mention futher why that same dealer will now try and charge me another $25 to put that tire on a rim that I bring in.... Don't get me wrong, when I find a hole in a tire on a Friday and need one the same day so I can race on Sat, guess what... I'll get jacked... oh well... that's the way it goes sometimes.... But that is far and few.... and since I have a lot of toys that need a lot of up keep I buy a lot of stuff... but I'd say I only buy 5% of my items(asside from the quads/bikes thenselves) from the dealer... There's their profit from me.... If they'd get on track with prices maybe their display items wouldn't be so dusty....but they did it to themselves IMO.... but this doesn't just happen with quad's.... who would by new tires for their Chevy from their Chevy dealer???

And to your point about quality.... BS...... unless the item states upfront "factory seconds" or "used" or "AS IS" almost all online parts companies have a return policy that THEY cover shipping on....

Old 04-06-2006, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider

Went to a couple dealers yesterday and priced ITP Mudlites for my cousins sons quad. First dealer wanted $94 a piece for 2- 27x9x12's and 2-27x10x12's , went to dealer down the road about 10 miles, they wanted $89 for the same tires. Called up a friend said he could sell them to us for $70 a piece, with a total for all 4 being $289 OTD, plus he is going to take an "almost new set of 26x9x12 589's for trade, and is going to give cousin $40-50 a piece, so ya see , some dealers do rape people, but there are a few that treat you right. but we do definatly shop around and do buy alot online too to save $. Im looking at a new KQ700, most dealers want MSRP, plus TT&L+Freight&ASSEM. to total about $8100 OTD, but a little shopping around found me an 06 KQ700 for $7250 OTD. Well when you tell the higher priced dealers the price you got down the road they just tell you stuff like " well you gotta watch out cause they have all kinda hidden fees theyll add on too that plus TT&L" But i repeat to them that the $7250 is OTD , after TT&L and all "hidden" fees, well then they just scratch there head, its funny to watch. Explain this to me? why should I buy the bike that sells for MSRP + TT&L+ freigt &assem.!!!!!!!!!! When i can get the same quad for almost $1000 less an hour down the road!!!