Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

NEW KingQuad problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 09:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW KingQuad problems

I just bought a new Kingquad 2 days ago really did my research, felt this was the best quad in its class right now.
Heres the problem, It only has 3 miles on it and its already fouled 3 plugs. Its running rich (jet black plug), blowing a ton of smoke, wont idle ,starts hard.
I called 2 dealers and they both say this is the first they have ever heard of a problem like this with the KQ.
Has anyone else seen this?

Old 04-13-2006, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, but not after 3 miles.

Old 04-14-2006, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

First time i have read about this. I would be back at the dealer and be getting a different King. Sounds like you have got a odd problem and i would not take any fixes. Different King or nothing. IMO
Thanks
David

Old 04-25-2006, 11:22 PM
Trailblazer

i have a kingquad and it is the worst quad i have ever had i have have had idleing problems and a ticking noise a dead spot when accelerating fast the motor sounds terrible it has an anti freeze leake in the head and it only has 13 hrs and 47 miles on it it is at the dealer now for the third time i hate this bike i had a kawasaki preari 700 that was so much better bike i wish i would have kept it good luck with yours

Old 04-26-2006, 12:11 AM
Trailblazer

I just got the quad back from the dealer (different dealer than where I bought it). Problem was solved by draining the gas/ DIESEL combination that they filled the bike up with when I bought it! I checked the gas and never found the diesel b/c it settled to the bottom.
I need to have a conversation with the dealer I bought it from now.

Old 04-26-2006, 03:21 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: actionshooter
I just got the quad back from the dealer (different dealer than where I bought it). Problem was solved by draining the gas/ DIESEL combination that they filled the bike up with when I bought it! I checked the gas and never found the diesel b/c it settled to the bottom.
I need to have a conversation with the dealer I bought it from now.

There is absolutely no way I'd keep that machine. I'd make sure I and the dealer that found the issue can document what happened and contact Suzuki and the dealer that sold it to me. Then I would demand that I get a new machine or an entirely new engine. Who knows what sort of damage was done to that engine and how many miles were taken off of it's usable engine life. If they wouldn't act I would tell them I was getting the BBB and the state attorney general involved and then secure my own representation.

Old 04-26-2006, 04:20 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with Capitan on this one. Even if it did not hurt the motor. The dealer that did this stupid mistake needs to have to take some kind of responsibility for what they did. I would not settle for a new motor, that would take forever to get and replace. I bet you will be told backorder if they talk you into that. But looking at it from the dealers side, how can you prove they put the diesel in it and you did not do it? That is going to be the first thing out of the dealership's mouth and most likely from Suzuki.
Thanks
David

Old 04-27-2006, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider

DavAsh, If it is just had 3 miles on it I'd guess it had a full tank of gas from the dealer. My dealer has always sent me off with a full tank.

His dealer owes him a new machine I think. They screwed up and they wrecked his 7000 dollar investment. I'd have blood in my eyes but I'd be very calm and business like and set up a meeting with the owner, sales manager and service manager from the dealership that sold it to me, present the case and evidence to them and tell them what I expected them to do about it. That of course would be the machine they wrecked being returned and a new machine being placed in the back of my pick-up. If that doesn't happen by the end of the week it would result in me lawyering up and taking things to the next level.

Old 04-27-2006, 02:41 AM
Pro Rider

Captain,
I agree 100% with you. I was simply saying what i think will be the first thing the dealer will say. When I bought my new King it did not have a full tank and only had a few ounces of gas in it and the dealer told me I needed to buy some gas before I got home with it. My brother just bought a new Ozark for my nephew from a different Suzuki dealer and they told him the same thing. The funny thing about my brothers purchase is , that Suzuki dealer has a gas station n the parking lot.
I would call a lawyer and see what they would charge me to make a phone call tot he dealer for me. That would show the dealer that you were not going to play any games with them.
Thanks
David

Old 04-28-2006, 04:20 AM
Pro Rider

That's an excellent idea about just paying a lawyer a few bucks to call for you.. Like you said, the first words out of the dealers mouth are going to be "we didn't do it" Probably followed by "we don't even have diesel in our shop". It may cost you a few bucks to get an attorney to handle this for you but we're talking 7 or 8 grand worth of machine here. More if you're figuring interest. You basically got the thing hosed before you got it off the lot.

Slippery weasels for the most part. Some aren't bad but boy far too many of them are as crooked as a barrel of snakes. One is still giving a friend of mine the run around on his smoking KQ. Looks like he's fogging for mosquitoes when hes riding it. Dealer keeps telling him he's looking into it but nobody knows anything.

Quick Reply: NEW KingQuad problems