Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Bedliner- Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bedliner- Yes or No?

I found this board some time back and used some of the information I got here to decide on buying my newest toy. Thanks.

My question is does anyone have their quad srayed with bedliner? Ive had it out twice, and in the woods it got scratched up pretty good. I expected that and it doesnt bother me in the least due to the good times I had. I was thinking of having it sprayed with the urethane rubbery type of bedliner instead of the Line-X because I think its more flexible and less prone to cracking. My brother has Line-X on his truck and it is hard not to mention very rough. I wasnt thinking of sraying the whole thing, just the front and rear fender areas. The dealer says they can color match the green. Good idea or bad?

Old 05-08-2006, 11:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thought Id give the topic a bump...........

Old 05-09-2006, 12:32 PM
Range Rover

get a set of skins, less trouble and probably cheaper.....

Old 05-09-2006, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider

Brassnadz,
I would like to see someone try this. It would be interesting to see how well it would work.
I think it is a good idea and would be worth it if the bead liner dealer can guaranty it will not pill off. How much are thy asking to spray it for you? I would just go black, I think the two tone would look better than an attempt at matching. IMO Plus from what I have checked the black is cheaper than the colors.
Thanks
David

Old 05-09-2006, 05:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

I had my front and rear racks done on my KQ with the regular bedliner spray, it costs me 100 bucks to do the front and rear racks and was worth every penny IMO.I also had the racks done on my 2006 800 BRP.

Old 05-09-2006, 09:58 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

When you say all, do you mean the plastic too? Would worry about the weight of the spray on, plus any thick heavy mud you may add later.

Old 05-10-2006, 03:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

They wanted 200 to spray all the front and rear plastic. I think in all it would only add at the most 10 pounds. 5 front and 5 rear.

Old 05-10-2006, 10:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Brassnadz: In my experience (I spray bedliners for a living) most bedliner material does not adhere well to plastic. It really has nothing to bond to, unless you really rough it up with sandpaper. Also the rough texture will collect dust terribly and all bedliners, regardless of color fade out in the sun. Just my thoughts, Thanks, Wayne

Old 05-10-2006, 11:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ross- What kind of bedliner do you spray? Do you think the rubbery kind ( I think its like eurathane) will stick better than the Line-X type? I dont really mind it collecting the dust as the plastic seems to do that now. I guess Im just looking for some protection for the body and to have something different. I was thinking it would have to be roughed up pretty good to get it to stick. Is there any kind of primer that can be applied to make it stick better?

Old 05-11-2006, 10:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Brassnadz: Our bedliner is polyurethane, it is similar to Line-X, There are some that are poly-urea hybrids and possibly just ureathane, which would be more rubbery. On trucks when I spray the box, the surface still has to be prepared (light sanding) because the clear coat is so smooth. I spray samples occasionally and I spray them on a piece of plastic, sometimes scratched badly, and they peel right off no problem. That's why I'm skeptical about spraying over plastic, such as your fenders, etc. Generally speaking, it's sticks like iron to most any metal or even wood. Hope this helps! Wayne