Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

getting a lt500 maybe.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 09:03 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting a lt500 maybe.....

Ok so I was talking to a bud and he told me he started racing dirtbikes.... so he told me his bud races quads...

I said the only quad I would own is a LT500.. aka quadzilla... he said funny you say that I know someone with one for sale... Well of course everyone wants $3000+ for one so I told him I dont have the cash for one... he said that the guy is selling it cheap... Well cheap comment needs a inquiry... so he said probably $500 for it...

well my face was like [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

so anyway in 3 weeks I should have $500 extra in my pay as a bonus from work... the guy tells me that it is in good physical shape.. just that it left the guy broke in the woods... the motor has issues where it stopped running.. my bud believes it is the crank...

so $500 for a quadzilla plus a new crank... hmmmmmm wonderin if this is a good idea or just something that will take extra cash and not get used.....

what do yall think???

also I was talking to my brother a few months back as he is going to buy new quads next summer and wants me to get a few of them.. (one for each family member as that is what he is doing)..... so...I rode a kawasaki 700...

can a old school 2 stroke lt500 keep up with a 4 stroke kawi 700? or should I just look at new 4 strokes and do away with my long quadzilla salivating hunger?????

Old 08-07-2006, 11:17 AM
Range Rover

a lot of the new four strokes are pretty dang fast nowadays, but the zilla should have NO trouble keeping up with that 700.

Old 08-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Range Rover

One question... Does it have a clean title? I agree, it seems a bit fishy. However, you could get her fixed back up and still have $ in the bank compared to buying one in good shape. And yes, the ole' zilla will still run with the best of the new ones. The only thing about a zilla is they are a bear to start if you don't do it right.

Old 08-07-2006, 11:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

there are some people that have a few and there are some that have none...

the guy swith a few will get rid of some cheap......so hopefully in my favor... I believe that it sounds too good to be true.. we will find out in 3 weeks....

here is my other toy....

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/2...otbreaker2.jpg

Old 08-08-2006, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

man where is the zilla at haha I'll buy it if he lives that close to you I am only a few towns over its good to hear that someone is around my end of the woods for once...you know where the airport is in marlton and atco raceway I am not too far from that...Do you live near Mr Bills ice cream stand?

Old 08-08-2006, 10:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: bombrider04
man where is the zilla at haha I'll buy it if he lives that close to you I am only a few towns over its good to hear that someone is around my end of the woods for once...you know where the airport is in marlton and atco raceway I am not too far from that...Do you live near Mr Bills ice cream stand?
well im hoping to get it.... for $400.... since it needs motor work.. I will see how it looks. I was told that the plastic is in good shape....We will see....

yeah that pic I posted is wharton... the trail across from atco raceway then back in the woods a ways.. my gps said the name of that.. but I forget what it is....

I live in williamstown.. near geets diner.... I can walk to it...

Old 08-08-2006, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

yea I know exactly where you at then pretty sweet well let me kno how it goes maybe if you get it il cya at atco sometime

Old 08-08-2006, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RootBreaker
there are some people that have a few and there are some that have none...

the guy swith a few will get rid of some cheap......so hopefully in my favor... I believe that it sounds too good to be true.. we will find out in 3 weeks....

here is my other toy....

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/271798/fullsize/rootbreaker2.jpg
thats a sick truck you got there, what year?? i gotta 1985 Suburban 4x4(350/4speed) with a 4inch lift from the military and a 1974 Chevy Cheyenne Super(350/4speed) with a 4inch lift and 33inch tires. and the LT500R will probably beat the 700 if its running right. Gotta make sure its not hot or anything first though.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Range Rover

lt 500's are alot less weight than a kawoch 700. i like new thing's too.,but the lt500 is like an old hot rod.raw and powerful and people like to see and have cool old thing's from the past because they are easier to work on.you buy a 700 and people don't seem to notice,you show up with a clean lt500,most everyone will look to see what is up with the beast.!!!!

Old 08-09-2006, 03:03 AM
Range Rover

True that Abuser! It's just something the zilla owns! My ole' lady gets a bit of attention at the hill on hers.

Quick Reply: getting a lt500 maybe.....