Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

quadzilla VS banshee...all aspects

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006 | 04:58 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default quadzilla VS banshee...all aspects

first off...the technology put into these 2 quads is very similar...cause they were both built in the 80s and the banshee has not changed...so it is very comparible...my input is the zilla will SMOKE a banshee in a drag...it may be a good race on track but the zillA will win due to the power...so many people think the banshee is faster and better...put all the favorite manufactors aside and lets dispute this...

Old 09-04-2006 | 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

First of all I own an 02 Banshee w/ CPI in-frame drag pipes, K&N, reeds, rear tires, jetting and until a week ago owned an 89 Zilla w/ FMF full exhaust, stage 2 port, UNI filter, shredder tires, wiseco pro-lite piston, jetting.

Here are my thoughts, the Zilla was faster in a drag race hands down, but it had significant engine work and I have never ridden a stock Zilla (if they even exist) The Banshee, in my opinion, was an overall more enjoyable machine because it was much easier to start and the powerband is so unique that even though it was less powerful and a little slower, it felt just as fast.
The Zilla scared me everytime I rode and there is nothing like that power. Hill climbs and drag races were made for Zilla's w/ aftermarket parts. Riding a Zilla is a huge thrill, but in the end I sold the Zilla and kept that Banshee.

Old 09-04-2006 | 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

I DONT KNOW BUT MY RAPTOR WILL SMOKE THEM BOTH!!!

Old 09-04-2006 | 10:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: paintballbanshee
I DONT KNOW BUT MY RAPTOR WILL SMOKE THEM BOTH!!!
buahahahhahahahahahahah

in reverse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHA

Old 09-04-2006 | 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

hhaha thats what i always say

Old 09-05-2006 | 01:51 AM
Trailblazer

well in stock form I belive the "zilla: would eat the banshee! I must say once you start the motor work and adding some pipes ! The banshee would smoke the "zilla" I am a lt rideer my self but the aftermarket has steped up on the banshee and left us lt riders sitting!But like every one knows money equals speed!!! Every one know it is so SAD it took a 350 twin to run with a single zilla! I must say that is just my opinon!

Old 09-05-2006 | 12:07 PM
Range Rover

Banshee's scream, no doubt but the technology is still there and is continuing all the time with regard to the Zilla. A person has to spend more money getting the shee into the game than any zilla, of course there is a C.C. issue. You never have the same comparison when discussing races you have seen or experienced. There is a shee sitting in the shop back home that would probably smoke my zilla but it has about 8 grand in it and mine doesn't. A few modes and 5oo bucks worth of DR. Q and i'll take him. There is no substitute for CC's but $$$$$. By the way, the fastest Raptor i've seen had a Quadzilla sticker on it..(that should get it going)

Old 09-05-2006 | 01:12 PM
Range Rover

In the Dirtwheels mag, the stock for stock showdown says the zilla is better in just about everything but rear brakes. I think these other people are right though, if you have alot of money into a banshee it will beat a zilla, but with equal mods, the zilla should always win.

Old 09-07-2006 | 06:01 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

do you see that JD? in DIRT WHEELS they compared them...and they stated that the quadzillllla was better in almost all aspects EXCEPT brakes...who needs brakes!!...now another question...what do you think is faster every1? a raptor 660 or quadzilla

Old 09-07-2006 | 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

saviano shutt up

Quick Reply: quadzilla VS banshee...all aspects