Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

HMF Utility Pipe on an Eiger, how loud?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 11:02 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HMF Utility Pipe on an Eiger, how loud?

I have an '04 Eiger Manual. I recently upgraded to 26" Mudlites and complete Ricochet skid plates.

I am now looking to increase my power to pull the extra weight.

I just ordered the Quad Works Stage 1 kit ( Air Filter and Jet Kit).

I am going to try that first and see how it goes.

I delayed the HMF pipe because I am worried about noise. I sometimes ride at night near some houses and I am trying to keep in good graces with my neighbors. However, I want the extra power.

In the HMF forums it says the HMF Utility series with the quite core is 96 to 98 db and the stock Eiger exhaust in mid to high 80 dbs. Is that correct? ( although I am not really sure what a 10 to 15 dbs increase would sound like)

Anyone who has done this upgrade, with the quite core insert, can you tell me how much louder it is? Is it a substantial increase in noise?

Thanks!

Old 09-28-2006, 06:50 PM
Trailblazer

I had a HMF on a 500 Vinson and it was only loud when you get on it hard. The quiet core makes it even quieter. Contact HMF directly really cool to work with. Good Luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-28-2006, 06:55 PM
Trailblazer

I have it on a 05 Eiger, and the HMF pipe is pretty loud.

Old 09-28-2006, 10:40 PM
PD
Trailblazer

Great question. I am in the market for a pipe as well. I was also looking at HMF. The one site I saw shows 2 level of quiet cores. The base price was $199, it is $20.00 for each extra quiet core up to 2.

Flashpoint What HMF option do you run?

Thanks

Old 09-30-2006, 03:10 AM
PD
Trailblazer

Flashpoint....was wondering if you could tell us how many quiet cores you have...if any

Thanks

Old 10-01-2006, 07:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

My cousin has an HMF on his eiger, and to me, it's really not that loud, and he doesn't even have a quiet core or spark arrestor in it. It is louder than stock, but not really that much. The header on the Eiger is really small, and combined with the low compression it runs, it's really not that loud and the sound doesn't carry that far. It's very quiet compared to the same HMF on my warrior, with the big header, high compression, and all that other stuff my warrior can wake the dead when I open it up. It depends on what your and your neighbors' definition of loud is, but i think that an HMF, with a quiet core, on an eiger with the stock header your neighbors probably wouldn't even notice that it got louder. The sound of my warrior can probably be heard in the next town over, and nobody has complained to me yet about it, but then this is sort of a farming redneck town, and us rednecks like things that are shiny and noisy. Sorry, kinda rambled off there a little bit, but good luck with your choice, whatever you may decide to do.