Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Z400 G-Force Adjustable Axle

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z400 G-Force Adjustable Axle

Anyone have one of these in their Z???

Or has anyone had any xp, puttin one in a Z???

If so queastion for ya...

On the axle, sprocket side theirs a a C-clip that fits into a grove, that holdes the 3 piece lock nut, spacer & sprocket hub..

On the Brake side, Theirs a brake hub that fits over splines in the axle & then a C-clip that fits over the splines...

Now does this look right to you guys/gals??? pic pic

I was thinking that the C-clip should be in a grove like the other side??? but their is no grove in the axle for it.. or a locking nut??

I think(lol) that I have it put togather right per G-Force's instructions...

Any Ideas????

Old 11-07-2006, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

well from the first pic it looks like the ring isn't completely in the brake hub so I would have to say that no it doesn't look right the clip or ring should fit into the hub I don't have a g force so i don't know if they designed it differently or what but that does not look right from what I could see from the pic

Old 11-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

But if the ring seats into the hub and everything is tight then I would say put it on the ground and move the quad side to side seeing if anything is loose then jack up the quad and let it run through the gears to see if it holds

Old 11-07-2006, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

it looks right to me for what I can see of it. and like bombrider said put it to the ground and test it

Old 11-09-2006, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

Think we got it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

when I was messin around with it in those pic's it was not tight yet. when I got to put a wrench on that Big axle nut everything sucked together nicely.

Then pretty much did what you guys said.. put it on the ground , checked to see if everying was tight. back in the air & went threw the greas..

Everything looks good & hopefuly I will ride it friday some time...

Thx for the input all it was helpfull[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-09-2006, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

Yea in the one pic it didn't look tight enough but the other I couldn't determine all the way good to hear you got it well hopefully she will last alot longer then before and won't ruin your axle like last time...just remember to take it apart every once and a while and clean up the old grease and repack it...looking good zbutcher

Old 11-10-2006, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bombrider04
just remember to take it apart every once and a while and clean up the old grease and repack it...looking good zbutcher
words to live by...

& also save ya alot of coin....

Old 11-10-2006, 02:26 AM
Pro Rider

True I check mine every few rides which tends to come out to every month and its just about due at that time since I ride in the dirt and muddy trails alot

Old 11-10-2006, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider

lol I hav never checked mine.. & was going to go threw all the rear end & rear shock right after the seaseon this year... just came up about 40miles short... after deer hunting & this last ride saterday.....Iam going threw my rear shock linkage & probly front bearings...3 to 4in of snow tonight & into the day we be on the trail rain snow or what ever on saterday moring hopefully evering will work out well with the new rebuild....

Old 11-10-2006, 03:11 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bombrider04
looking good zbutcher
& hey thx BR4 its been alot of coin & time & also love from the wife to keep the Z up & running [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Z400 G-Force Adjustable Axle