Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Yoshi OR HMF?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 10:18 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yoshi OR HMF?

looking at getting a full system pipe. its going to be a Yoshimura RS3 Carbon Fiber or an HMF Sport Series. I was just wondering for those who have one of these pipes do they make a lot of difference in power? was it a good buy for the money? and and good or bad things about them?

Also anyone know how much horsepower gain i would get with either of these?

Old 11-11-2006, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Yoshi OR HMF?

why HMF, Hmf is the knock off version of FMF, get the FMF powercore 4!!! it owns everyone, or get the titanium muffler for 4 strokes by fmf

or get WB carbon fiber

Old 11-11-2006, 10:39 PM
Range Rover
Default Yoshi OR HMF?

hmm everyone i talk to says HMF owns. they say they are great. well i seen thosw white bros carbon fiber but they are like a grand, and im only 13, and im buying a pipe on my birthday in 6 says so i was just wondering what to get

and now that i look! we are the same age? hmm

Old 11-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default Yoshi OR HMF?

youre 13 and have a z400, man are you rich? how could you not afford a WB pipe, you could also look for a "looney tuned" exhaust system on http://www.lteracing.com/dualexhaust.htm

i dont know how much they are, but i think the powercore4 looks the nicest and im pretty sure it gives the most power gains for single exhausts.

would you be willing to pay $716 for 4.5hp on a dual exhaust system, which looks wicked too? sounds like a deal to me, i'ld go for it if i had a z400,

some manufacturers claim 8hp gains with certain pipes, but i doubt you'ld get that on a 400ex, thats about i think a 25% hp gain, on a raptor i wouldnt be surprised at a 8hp gain however

the HMF pipes look really loud, i dont think your neighbours would like it or if your a farmer, i doubt your parents would like it cuz of heart attacks in all your livestock

Old 11-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Range Rover
Default Yoshi OR HMF?

haha no im not rich! lol we sold our old quad, grandma gave us a few grand and we bought the new z.

im looking at spending around 500 for a pipe. the nice thing where i live is, my grandparents are my only neighbours for about almost three quarters of a mile. and my cousin and uncle own all the farm land the i mostly ride on. plus when i ride my houses driving around by the highway i keep it down so no one complains so noise wont matter much.

our old trail blazer had a full AAEN pipe. it was really louded. almost sounded like a chainsaw and no one complained. i can see peoples points keep the nosie levels down, but where we ride in in the middle of bushes where no one is around anyways.

Old 11-12-2006, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default Yoshi OR HMF?

out of the 2 you mentioned, I would go for the yoshi, it was designed with the help of suzuki. do a lot of research on different pipes before you decide which one you want, you will get lots of different opinions about this, and a lot of it depends on price

Old 11-12-2006, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default Yoshi OR HMF?

I agree mucky to go with the yoshi for the z400 great power gains and make sure you get the jetting right when doing it and get yourself an aftermarket filter...When you get the full system I would recommend cutting off the old head pipe if you aren't goign to use it in the future or else you will have some trouble getting the head pipe off unless you take off a radiator hose and I believe the fan and you should be able to slide the head pipe out

Old 11-12-2006, 02:09 PM
Range Rover
Default Yoshi OR HMF?

alright thanks a lot guys. i was really looking at the Yoshi's, but then i heard bad things about tghem so i just wanted someone elses input