Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Any King Quad Problems Lately

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 11:47 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any King Quad Problems Lately

Hi guys. Thinking of a new quad. I was considering a Rincon but I need a low range and locker. I was curious if the 2006 and newer KQ700's are having any issues. I know the 2005's had a few issues (reverse gear, tie rods, needs a steering damper, air filter, etc...). I was curious if Zook has solved all of these. Seems now all I really read about are steering issues and air filter issues. So I am thinking they are getting the bugs worked out. Is the steering really all that bad? Do you ABSOLUTELY need to replace the stock filter? Are there any other issues you have experienced. I am also considering a Grizz 700 but I like the price of the KQ700 bettter!! Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Old 01-04-2007, 12:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

i will also request that anyone with info on the newer 06 and 07 king quads please post. i would like to know everything before trading all that cash for one. -beam

Old 01-05-2007, 12:03 AM
Trailblazer

I can say so far so good with mine..07 700 KQ.. I like the steering. I dont know what all the hype is about them having bad steering. Mine works great! Light, nimble. easy to turn in tight trails, no problems at hight speed etc.. The suspension is kinda stiff but then again I have mine maxed out. Power is great even after I changed the stock tires over to 27 ITP XTR Mudlites. It has a nice Low gear, will pull the front wheels with ease. It will stop on a dime , awsome brakes. The air filter thing was bugging me after reading all the bad things I heard, but after 200miles it still looks brand new, not a speck of dirt..I am going to change it though with maybe a Uni or K&N there much better than a stock paper filter. So did they change them in 07?? I dont know.. My buddy has a 05 and hasnt had any trouble with his.
There is a few things I dont like.. No storage under the seat. and the push pins that hold the side covers on could have been thought out a little better.
The only thing I can see the Grizzly has over the KQ is prw steering. In Diff lock the grizz turns with ease.. where the KQ and any other quad with diff lock its much harder to steer, but how offten are you in diff lock turning through the trails? I ride alot of tight trails and dont even use it. Only used my diff lock a few times(climbing over some tree roots, and a mud hole in reverse(was a nasty hole but i got out). but im a big guy so turning it even in diff lock is not that big a deal for me. ,for all the more i use it..
Hope this helps you out, Let us know what you get.. Good luck

Old 01-11-2007, 12:02 AM
Trailblazer

THREE OF MY BUDDS HAVE THE 700 CAT WITH THE SUZKI MOTOR WORKS VERY WELL CAT IS HEVIER BUT STRONGER

Old 01-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Range Rover

Um, can't tell you about '06/'07, but our '05 runs great; we never had a problem with it. It runs down oil pretty fast now, but we gotta find whats wrong. Anyways, I'd recommend them, they're great machines, they handle great, good power, and all around very very good.

Old 01-16-2007, 12:28 AM
Trailblazer

HEY BOYS THE GUYS UP HERE IN REGINA THEY ALL HAD FREE REBUILTS FROM SUZKI DUE TO THE FACT THE AIR FILTER WAS LETTING DIRT IN THE MOTOR WHICH MADE IT BURN OIL AND WEAR IT OUT SO MAKE SURE YOUR DEALER DOES THAT FOR YOU AND SOME OF THE QUADS WERE OUT OF WARRINITY

Old 01-16-2007, 01:06 AM
Range Rover

What year were they? That could be the problem with mine..It's burning oil fast. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]i have an early 06 zuki 700, love it had recall on tie rod ends, bo no other problems. Been to Hatfield McCoy trails twice, flipped once broke light on handlebar, 15 minutes and 4 sheetrock screws was back in business for the rest of the week. In our group of 16 three more of these quads have been bought since mine, very happy very strong comfortable rig. Have mts hard box, uni filter, ramsey remote winch 2500, 26inch Mudlite xtrs, new cdi box and waiting for new exhaust. Can,t beat the bigger cc,s off line but get them in the corners or tight spaces.

Old 01-18-2007, 02:54 AM
PD
Trailblazer

I have 07, Love it. No probelsm. Changed air filter as it is best anyway since any paper deal on any ATV is bad idea. I think all the steering hype is application specific. I use mine for hunting. This includes ponds running, levy jumping. Also use it for plowing.

I say if you like it and the price is right, you will not go wrong

Old 01-24-2007, 12:49 AM
Trailblazer

THE KING QUADS THAT WERE REBUILT WERE 2005 KING QUADS ONE GUY BOUGHT A NEW 2006 KING QUAD AND THEY TOLD THEM IF IT BURNT OIL THEY WOULD REBUILT IT STRAIGHT FROM SUZKIE IT IS THERE MISTAKE THEY HAVE TO LOOK AFTER IT

Quick Reply: Any King Quad Problems Lately