Quadrunner neutral light...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quadrunner neutral light...

Hello All,

Bike: 95 Suzuki Quadrunner 250 LT-4WD

Problem: Neutral light will not come on. This tells the starter switch not to engage. I guess it's for safety and mechanical reasons. Whatever it does it's not allowing the bike to start. I hit the start button nothing happens.

What I've done so far: Before this happend it was at the shop for a tune up. It got a new battery and spark-plug, carb dip and oil change. It was running fine for a while then I tried starting it after a few days of sitting enclosed out of the wheather. Yes it's in neutral... it rolls. I put a new neutral switch in and that didn't work. There's a little **** that spins around and eventually hits the contact point on the neutral switch turning on the neutral light. I've tried starting it with the left hand brake engaged also.

Does anybody have any ideas, fixes or over-rides. Maybe it's something simple. I don't know at this point.

Thanks

Old 01-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

I hav the same problem with my '93 LT-250 quadrunner. Luckily it will still start with the pull starter. I saw a post from a year or two ago by someone else with the same problem, but nobody hd a soution at tht time. Mine is at a Polaris (I know) dealership right now getting a tune-up. I'll post again if they come up with a solution.

Old 01-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Johllville,

Thanks for the reply. It's funny you should contact me today because I just found out that the pr--ks who did the work on my Quad ripped me off. They charged me for a new battery but only re-charged to old one hoping they would get away with it. I read some where that I should make sure there's enough juice to power the neutral light. I didn't think that was the problem because I thought I had a new battery. So I went and ordered a new neutral light indicator and replaced that... it didn't work. To replace the neutral light I had to take off the whole back end and remove the exhaust heat shields. So then I said what the hell I'll just throw the battery charger on it. You guessed it right the battery charged enough to light the neutral light but not enough to crank it over. How the hell does a business want to survive if they're trying to rip off their customers. The manager ordered me a new battery and all I can say is that filthy stinking sh-t hole of a place will never do business with me again! They are a disgrace to America and to all of those who gave their lives for what we have. GRRRRRRRRRR

Bottom line... Check your battery and don't trust anybody at the dealer. Make sure they give you all the old parts that get replaced. Can you say Better Business Bureau?