Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

QUADZILLATHON 2007...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default QUADZILLATHON 2007...

...is gonna happen at GLAMIS! Tentative date will be the weekend before Halloween.

2007 marks 20 years since the baddest production ATV in the world was released to the public, so lets make this an historic event. Anyone and everyone with an LT500 (or just a love for the big LT) is encouraged to attend. It promises to be a beautiful sight!

So wake the kids and phone the neighbors, let's get the word out.

The Doc himself is putting this together so you know it's going to be top shelf. I'm sure he'll even have a neat "toy" or two to show off of his own.

I plan on making the trip all the way from the midwest. I'd love to have a convoy of yellow and blue going with me!

Old 01-07-2007, 01:45 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where is Glamis at? I have heard of it, but never really payed a lot of attention..

Old 01-07-2007, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

its in california .

yagerzzz .. if i win the lottery or at least part of it i can make it out there . LOL its a 2 week roound trip for me about . cant afford that much time off . being self employed is hard to give yourself a vacation ! LOL but i had planed on trying to set back cah to make it this year untill i didnt have work for about a month ! and christmas !!!!!!!!! LOL

you going to make it ? or maybe meet up and car ... strike that TRUCK pool . ? HEHHEHEE

Old 01-07-2007, 02:12 AM
Pro Rider

For those on the east coast and midwest, Glamis is a place that only exists in our imagination. It's an entire planet of nothing but sand as far as the eye can see, ATV's and dune buggies, and of course gas stations with premix race gas right at the pump. There are dunes so high, you can't see the top. Some of them reach the clouds I'm told. Arnold Schwarzenegger greets you as you ride through the front gates. It's also full of beautiful women clad in string bikinis, except for the ones at the nude beach! In the evenings, free beer is delivered to everyone camping there and it's so cold, it defies the laws of physics as it should be frozen.

For those that live out west, it's a spot in southern California pretty close to Yuma Arizona with a lot of sand that you can play with toys in.

Don, I'm making the trip! We'll have at least two crew cabs going from myself and my brothers and our families. I'm guessing I'll end up taking 4 or 5 days off, but you never know if there will ever be another one of these since they haven't done this since '01. I've always wanted to go to Glamis, and I'll probably only get one shot at it so I'd be a fool if I didn't go during this event.

Old 01-07-2007, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

if by some miracle i can earn enough money to put my zilla back together then enough to put into the jeep for gas (which gets 12 mpg, and i'll be driving from Michigan), ill definitly be there

Old 01-10-2007, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider

Just to throw this out as an idea, depending on how much room we have, there's a possibility we might be able to haul some quads and gear out there and back (for a fee of course) for those who live in or near the midwest who want to fly out. This way you wouldn't have to suffer the long drive and wouldn't have to take off as much work.

It's very early, so I don't want to make any concrete plans yet. But I wanted to put the idea in the heads of those who have all but written off the idea of going due to the distance. Don't write it off just yet!

When the time comes, we can talk details. But in the meantime, if anyone thinks they might be interested, feel free to PM me. The size of the group may dictate the number of trucks/trailers our group brings.