Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Wiseco 440,,,,??

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 01:01 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiseco 440,,,,??

Ive got a z400, and i wan to get some real powers, escpecially to all my firends with the raptors, im not sayin out run them or nutin, but keep up with them better than wat i do already, i cant afford the whole cyclinder kit, its about 700 dollars, i was wonderin wat u guys thank about the wiseco 440 high compression Piston, i know i will have to take my stock cyclinder and have it boored, then have the new piston put in....ppl, say boring a bike really kills ur engine, i dont know if thats true, ....but, any afvice on wat i should do would help me alot, thanks alot...

Old 01-29-2007, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wiseco 440,,,,??

for the wiseco kit they will bore the cylinder and install the 440 sleeve, its doesnt hurt the motor, you will have to rejet, and since you have the head removed think about cams and porting, when I had my 440 kit the cylinder was bored and resealed instead of the sleeve. never had a problem with it, and theres lots of 440kits out there that have never had any problems

Old 01-29-2007, 11:31 PM
Range Rover
Default Wiseco 440,,,,??

thanks mucky, u know im just gettin the piston kit,,,not the whole cyclinder that likes 1000 dollars....do i ship my hole engine to them or what??...someone told me to take it to a machine shop and let them bore it, then take it to a atv shop and let them put the piston and stuff in???...b/c the big bore piston, gaskets and stuff is 239$ in Dirt Wheels Magazine...i wish i could afford the whole cylinder kit, but cant right know...im just gonna bore the stock cylinder .....so wat do u suggest??...

Old 01-30-2007, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider
Default Wiseco 440,,,,??

First off, I've had bad luck with a sleeve kit, which is what you are buying. I cannot tell you enough how important it is that the machine shop installing the sleeve know what they are doing. Make sure when they press it in, they let it cool in the press so the sleeve doesn't move or shift, or you will be chasing head gasket leaks the rest of it's life.

Also know that it could cost you up to another couple hundred to have the sleeve installed and the motor put back together. The $239 sounds great until the real cost is over $400 (if you're lucky) once you get the machine shop bill and the engine guy's bill.

I would never use a sleeve kit again, but hopefully you will have better luck.

I would NOT suggest buying just a piston and having the stock aluminum sleeve bored to 94.5mm. That is waaay too big for the stock sleeve. Some people may get away with it and not have their engine grenade, but even the Yoshimura guys won't go over 92mm on a stock sleeve!

If I were you, I would save a few bucks and get the athena 434 kit. It comes with a cylinder and has proven to be very reliable. It costs around $550, but is well worth it.

I'm with Mucky too, do you have any other mods, or are you going straight to a big bore. A big bore should really be complimented with cams and a full pipe. If you don't have a set of cams and a pipe, I would start there, then move up to a big bore when you can next afford it..

Old 01-30-2007, 08:35 PM
Range Rover
Default Wiseco 440,,,,??

Yea, thanks for the advice, i ahve the full system Rossier exhaust, and kn filter....but...one i pay for the athena kit, it will prooly cost a bunch to have it installed....but, i will prooly go with that kit..for 239, form wiseco,,it comes with a sleeve, gaskets, and the piston kit...what should i do,,let the atv shop take my cylinder off, and then take it to a machine shop myslef, and then take it back to the atv shop and let them install the rest?...

Old 01-30-2007, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wiseco 440,,,,??

Most ATV shops will have a machine shop they use for their odds and ends.

Just make sure you relay the message about the sleeve. My sleeve slipped in the bore and made contact with my crank, destroying the entire motor along with all the performance parts I had in it.

Sleeves work great, but it is IMPERATIVE that it is installed correctly.

Old 01-30-2007, 09:36 PM
Range Rover
Default Wiseco 440,,,,??

Hey thanks for the Wright back, thats what ill prooly just go with, i can buy the kit off ebay for 190...i Just found it...Do u thank i should get the hotcams, intake or exhaust cams, to go with it???...i might have to wait awhile, unyil i can afford it, but, i will eventually get cams....and i know this sounds perosnla, but how much did ya give for ur rims, ??..i love ur kfx, its beautiful!!....and, if so, were can i find the rims for the cheapest price??.....Right me back man, latrs

Old 01-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Wiseco 440,,,,??

The hotcams are decent cams for all around riding. You can find them around on the boards and ebay pretty cheap as well. If you can't afford both, go with the intake cam first, then the exhaust cam.

Hipers run about $650 for a set. There are always people selling them on ebay or on forums, that's your best bet. You can buy a new set of outer rings for pretty cheap and they would look brand new.

Thanks for the compliments, I'm going to start working on a killer motor as soon as I get the $$$ together.

Old 01-31-2007, 12:09 AM
Range Rover
Default Wiseco 440,,,,??

thanks, yea, u do have one sharp KFX!!!....hopefully i can get some pics of mine on here very soon!!!...yea...ill, prooly order that piston and stuff tonight,,,,and then maybe cams...hopefully i can do it all for under 400....maybe, if i get lucky...so the hyper rims are 650 a set??....do u know were some used ones r??...or another name brand that might be a bit cheaper...and how much diffeerence could u tell with the 440 kit??..did u hang with any 450, or anythang, right me back...latrs

Old 01-31-2007, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default Wiseco 440,,,,??

PM Sent!

Quick Reply: Wiseco 440,,,,??