Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Cheap Eiger Upgrades??

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap Eiger Upgrades??

07 Eiger Manual Shifter.
Getting ready to be serviced for the first time and i'm bout to go on a trip a few states away to Coal Creek in TV.
Before i go i know i'm gonna have to get some tires, done wore the stockers out doin burnouts on the road. I don't really want to go up in tire size because the eiger is lacking power as is, and i don't wanna do upgrades just to gain back lost power from going with bigger tires. So i'm probably gonna go ahead and get some 25' gators.
Now for the performance upgrades. I'm trying to do this as cheap as possible because money is tight right now and i only have a month to get this done, i know i'm going to get an aftermarket air filter, probably k&n, but what about exhaust? is removing the spark arrester gonna do anything for it or should i just go ahead and get an aftermarket pipe for it. Now for jetting, the ATV will mostly be road at sea level, and i think stock comes with a 122 jet, what's a good sized jet for a filter and piped eiger at sea level? I'll probably also do the spring clipping mod i've heard others doing that helps with throttle response. Thanx in advance guys!

Old 02-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Pro Rider

Check the thread started by aksafari on Too Lean. I believe he went with a 135 before upgrading to a bigger carb. Also check his photos on moding the airbox lid.

Old 02-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Trailblazer

Good deal, what about getting a few more inches of ground clearance? Like i said, don't want to put bigger tires but def. need the ground clearance.

Old 02-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider

In need of more clearance?

Old 02-15-2007, 04:27 PM
Trailblazer

So stock vinson shocks on the front will give it two inches of lift up front. So i could run the 25's up front and 27's in the rear and that should even it out and not cause much of a driveshaft angle right? I'm thinking just 27's in the rear might not hurt performance that much more.

Old 02-15-2007, 08:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

I made up some 5/8" spacers out of pvc (any material will do) to preload the front springs more. I bottom out significantly less and gained about 1/2 to 3/4" of ground clearance. Kind of a bear to get the springs off the shocks without a proper spring compressor though.

Old 02-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Trailblazer

If your machine is 4x4 then you need to keep the tire diameters the same, otherwise you will tear your 4x4 apart. The tires need to travel an equal distance with each revolution.

Old 02-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: 5spdvinsn
If your machine is 4x4 then you need to keep the tire diameters the same, otherwise you will tear your 4x4 apart. The tires need to travel an equal distance with each revolution.
Yeah i had thought about that after posting this.

Old 02-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Trailblazer

Went ahead and ordered some 26" gators all around and now i know i'm going to have to add some more power. But i'm curious as to what's actually involved in jetting it and about how long would it take to do?

Old 02-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

I purchased a jet kit but many just replace the stock main jet (122) with a larger one depending on their altitude and adjusted the pilot jet accordingly. Buy several main jet sizes from 127 - 135. Goal is to go with the largest jet without being too rich. The main jet and pilot adjustment can be done without removing the carb. I can now switch main jets in about 15 minutes. Here's a a helpful thread. Eiger jetting. Also see aksafari's photos of his airbox mod. If you choose to mod your airbox and/or exhaust do it before you change jetting.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Cheap Eiger Upgrades??