Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

I need advice on my King Quad 700,

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 12:30 AM
AJS
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need advice on my King Quad 700,

I need to have the top ends and then some re-built on both of our quads due to dirt issues.
Has anyone worked directly with Suzuki and can give me both advice and contact numbers.
Also, is my dealer possibly giving me a hard time.

First I will give a brief history
My husband and I both own a 2005 King Quad 700. I have brought in both quads on a routine basis to have maintenance performed and oil changes. (I had purchased a maintenance contract) Beginning in 05, I complained to the service dept that my quad was hard to start and stalling at times, they did some minor work and sent me and the bikes on my way. In 2006 I complained again that the bikes were not starting, backfiring and stalling. They replaced spark plugs, noticed both were low on oil did some maintenance and sent me on my way. Now in between this time frame I brought both bikes in every 3-4 months for maintenance (we ride allot). This year the bikes started going through oil like crazy, then my quad started blowing blue smoke. I brought both bikes in again on 7/24/07 and had the service dept check both bikes and once again they did a maintenance oil change and said all is fine. We rode the bikes that weekend and my quad was still blowing blue smoke. I took both bikes in again and luckily my quad blew enough smoke to fill the parking lot of the service dept.
The service dept did some tests on both quads and told me I had dirt in the butterfly??? Then told me that the Suzuki rep has asked that a compression test be done. Both bikes failed this test and also a leak down. I then received a call that I would need to authorize a charge for them to tear down both motors at $170 a piece. They wanted to make sure that no one had put marbles in our bikes to cause the "problem". I was also told that more than likely if there has been no "Foul Play" Suzuki will cover the problem because this is a known issue.
Today I get told that Suzuki will not cover anything and that to repair my quad will run me $2,417. And my husbands will run $1,913.
I read that many people have had similar problems and the Suzuki has paid for parts to repair the bikes. I am stuck and need to have the bikes repaired. I think Suzuki knows this is an issue and does not want to resolve it. My husband is the president of one of the largest ATV clubs in our state. We put in allot of volunteer hours for many organizations including the end of this month for a ATV Jamboree.
I would appreciate any assistance. Thank you

Old 08-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sounds like they are giving u a hard time. I have heard of alot of people with this issue. Are u still running with the stock air filter? That is the cause as it lets dirt get in. I changed my air filter right away to twin foam filter. I will give u a place to go where there is people that has the same issue as u & some of them had this fixed by Suzuki. When u go here log in with a user name. This is the best place for kingquad help. Before I bought my kingquad last year I was a member here & found out to change the stock air filter right away.
Go here: www.nyrocatv.com.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As awf45 said, Nyroc is the best site for King Quad help and info. Were I you, I would file a complaint with both the Better Business Bureau and the Consumer Product Safety Commission, as well as the Federal Trade Commission. You, by yourself, are insignificant to Suzuki, but you, backed by a government investigation, are very powerful.

Suzuki is willfully defrauding the public by selling a machine that even if dealer maintained, will self destruct. And rather than replacing the air filter on the assembly line with a better one, (Which they have-from their Red line of filters-) they continue to ship quads with cheap paper air filters; and force the customer to pay for damage to the engine.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:35 AM
Pro Rider

Ha marbles! That's a new one. The only marbles are the ones that fell out of the heads of Suzuki accounting, customer relations, warranty claims, marketing department heads not to mention the marbles that fell out of the heads of the general corporate management of their motorsports division that is running their ATV operation. They're committing brand reputation suicide by defrauding consumers like this. How many of these stories are we going to have to hear Suzuki? Just how many more? Gonna try to ride out all those defective units out there? Was that the decision made? How did the conversations go at the meeting? Did you make the conscious decision to screw people? You did. You know you did. I've been in on those kind of meetings. I know how they go. I wouldn't listen to those guys who push that course of action. They're short term thinkers and unimaginative who do nothing for your company but wreck it's reputation and decrease it's brand value. They're good at boosting short term numbers but they'll kill you long term. I could throw some real stories and names at you as perfect examples but confidentiality agreements and whatnot.