Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2005 SUZUKI KING QUAD

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 SUZUKI KING QUAD

I HAVE A GREAT FRIEND THAT IS IN NO WAY COMPUTER SAVVY SO I TOLD HIM I WOULD HELP OUT AND ASK YA'LL FOR SOME HELP IF POSSIBLE FOR HIM!! PLEASE!! HE HAS A 2005 SUZUKI KING QUAD 700 4X4 QUADMATIC IRS FUEL INJECTED. OKAY THAT WAS A MOUTHFULL, BUT THE PROBLEM HE IS HAVING IS THAT HIS REVERSE IS OUT, HE CAN INDEED SHIFT IT INTO REVERSE BUT THE QUAD SOESNT MOVE DOESNT MAKE A SOUND OR ANYTHING. WHEN HE REALIZED THAT THIS HAD OCCURRED HE ALSO STATED THAT OT DIDNT MAKE ANY KIND OF NOISE THEN EITHER. IT JUST WILL NOT OPERATE IN REVERSE, IT SHIFTS OKAY IT JUST DOESN'T MOVE! PLEASE HELP OR GIVE ME SOME IDEAS OF PLACES TO CALL AND ASK FOR HELP, ETC... THANKS GUYS AND MAYBE ANY GALS MUCH LIKE MYSELF!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-17-2008, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Surf over to www.nyrocatv.com They have the best King Quad forum in cyberspace.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

This was a prob for the 2005's.....he might as well take it to the dealer.I am not sure but they may warranty it.There was a recall to install a limiter in reverse but the problem was a bushing on the reverse gear which they upgraded to a bearing..
tell him good luck!

Old 04-18-2008, 01:34 AM
Trailblazer

i have a 05 also and the only recall we heard of was tie rods when was the reverse recall

Old 04-18-2008, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

I am not sure exacty when but it was not long after they came out.Alot of guys started having reverse go out in the early ones.Suzuki tried to blame it on people "holding them wide open" in reverse when in fact it was a bushing and also an oiling issue.Try searching KQ 700 reverse out and you will get tons of hits.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

do you mean replacing this bushing / bearing internally inside the transmission?? he is asking because he did say he had some warranty work done but nothing internally. Thanks again!

Old 04-18-2008, 08:37 PM
Range Rover

The reverse bushing in question was internal. And if certain requirements were met, you have a 5 year warranty on the parts and labor, which would probably run in the $2000+ range when it breaks. This is a major fix if that is what is broken. I have the bulletin with all of the info in the Tech Tips on Nyroc. Has all of the specifics.

Some dealers play dumb but this 5 year warranty is for real. The documents are from Suzuki so you can print and take with you if the dealer tries to play dumb. Just be sure his machine is one of the ones in the VIN range.

If you need any help, feel free to PM me.

*** And Very Important*** Tell him not to run the machine at all. If the reverse gear is indeed broken, he can ruin more parts in the process. Best to wait till it is checked out.

Old 04-19-2008, 01:23 AM
Trailblazer

well i called my dealer and they said no recall on 05 they said suzuki fixed the problem in the 06 modles and then he said there werent any on the 05 at all then i said what about the tie rod ends he said oh yeah he said if it goes out i have to pay for it tho he new the prob when i said it so they had to have some of those in there to fix i think they just want our money my shop charges around $95.00 an hour thats outrageous i think

Old 04-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

Go to NYROCS website like topgun suggested and print the sheet on this.That will enlighten him I bet!

Old 04-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Range Rover

Don't listen to your dealer. He doesn't know what he is talking about. I had an early 05 King Quad 700 and know what the facts are since I went through this stuff first hand.

Fact: There were 2 recalls and 1 (mandatory or no warranty) update for the 05 model year King Quad 700. Not every 05 was included in every one though. The update was for the reverse issue, the recalls for the throttle housing and the tie rod ends. The reverse update was offered free to all of the first 15,000 or so machines produced. The fix was to replace the ECM with a new one that limited the power in reverse so that the bushing did not gauld to the shaft. If this was done within your first 6 months of ownership, you have a 5 year warranty on the tranny. Anybody that tries to tell you otherwise is mistaken. The official Suzuki documents are on Nyroc as mentioned. Read them and see if your VIN is included. If it is, print and take to the dealer and call him on his BS. Unless you don't mind spending $2000+ of your money for Suzuki's mistake.

They did update the tranny bushing to a bearing and shaft with oil holes mid way through 05 so not all 05's will have the problem or 5 year warranty. Just look at your VIN to confirm whether you are included or not. If you can't figure it out, feel free to PM me with your VIN and I will look it up for you. But don't let the dealer BS you, there was an issue and a 5 year warranty was part of the fix.

Note: There have been other updates such as for starting issues and the battery discharging for the 05 but they were only done on an as needed, case by case basis. The reverse update was totally different. It was more or less mandatory or when it broke, you had no warranty or recourse. Every owner was sent documentation on what to do and the 5 year warranty. The dealers have this info also. It's no secret like the cylinder wear due to the crappy airfilter issue. But that is for another thread.

Quick Reply: 2005 SUZUKI KING QUAD