Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

went ridin the other day

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 08:58 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default went ridin the other day

i went ridin with a few friends the other day, and i did not fit in at all. i was on my lt160. i was with a 400ex, a ltr450, and a raptor 660. needless to say they left me behind. i had no clue where we were goin half the time. i was just lookin for fresh tracks and marks in the grass and trails. got lost so many times. but it was fun for what little i was able to keep up. and i was only keepin up cause they slowed down to go around the mud. i just went flyin thru wide open. broke the reverse **** or whatever. i was pissed. broke one of the mounts for the front rack and broke one of the welds for the rear grab bar. it was a pretty fun day. im honestly suprised that it still runs/didnt break in half. my dad says it might have a good 4-5 months left till the whole front end falls out from under it or the shifter falls apart. oh well. i got the all the fun you can get for the $200 we paid for it. since he told me it doesnt have much longer i started ridin it even harder. whole front end rattles like no other. i use the rattle as a tachometer really. once it starts to i know it aint got much more to give so i shift up. but does anybody know of anything to do to give it some mid to top end power? or anybody that does at leats front suspension parts thatll work for it. itd be nice to be able to do a little jump and have some suspension to take the landing. the whole having like 1 1/2 inches of travel gets old quick. but if anybody could help itd be much apreciated.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

why dont you gust rire your 4trx

Old 05-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Time to trade up. I think trying to add mods to a $200 quad that is on it's last legs is a wast of time and money. If you're going to continue to ride with these guys, then you should be on some form of sport bike. Diesn't have to be as big as the others, just close.

Jaybee

Old 05-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Range Rover

i would ride the 300 but its got a flat and a screwed rim. and id get a new or used sport but i cant find any that i can afford. im broke and dont have a job but theres a few junk yards and stuff around here with junk 4wheelers for real cheap. my neighbor got a 02 recon with no tires or motor/tranny for 10 bucks.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:07 PM
Range Rover

ok quick question. the lt160. its a utility right? my friend keeps arguin with me that its a sport.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

The lt160...hmm...let me go and grab my book. Listen to this music while you are on hold. LA LA LA LE LA LA LE LAAAAAA LAA LAAAAA LLEEEE LAAAAA. Okay, I'm back. It doesn't specify one or the other. It just says it's an entry level atv so I guess if you imagine that it's a speed racer, its's a speed racer. If you imagine it to be the most powerful utility quad ever made, there it is. But I'm still leaning towards your side of the utility atv, because that's what I would use it for.

TRY TO FIND A CHEAP SUZUKI OZARK. They are surprisingly quick and I guarentee it will go over and through way more stuff than your buddy's atvs can. So if can get an Ozark, challenge them to a mud pit challenge or rock crawling challenge. They will lose for sure!

-------------------------------------
2008 Suzuki Ozark
Swamp Lites or Gators coming soon!
Please read my question on the forum.
It is under suzuki category and called Swamp Lites or Gators??
If you suggest one or the other, please let me know!

Old 05-14-2008, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The LT160 is a utility. For a year or two, Suzuki marketed them without racks and called it a sport bike but that's a stretch. For size and power (or lack of) the LT160 is a large kids bike or good for a small adult. Small motor + old degisn + short suspension = not all that much speed on the trails. Slower than your Foretrax 300.

Jaybee

Old 05-15-2008, 12:32 AM
Range Rover

oh yeah i know its no where near as fast as the 300 i got. me and one of my friend who doesnt have a 4wheeler went ridin and i let him ride the 160. itll get my 300 off the line but only cause if you drag the 300 you gotta start in second or be able to shift really fast cause of the super low 1st gear. but once you get to 3rd youve already passed the 160. but you know the 300 has got about 100ccs on the 160. but the 160 is a LOT lighter. which is what i love about it in the mud. you get stuck just get off and pick it up. but the lack of power is kinda annoying. can just barely get it to cut a donut in the mud.

plus mixed with no front brakes and a turning radius of about 20ft. its not really all that great. i took my racks off and i thought it would look better but i was wrong. it was so stupid looking. but with the racks its still stupid looking. but mines seen better days. back right fender is broke in half and held on with about a half inch chunk under the seat. the shifters pretty stupid design on it. i dont under stand why they did that. or why it doesnt have a kick or pull start on it. but i pop start it most of the time. the electric starter works i just like pop startin it. the reverse is pretty weird on it too. theres a lot of things about it that just dont make sense.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:11 AM
Range Rover

a friend offered a 450r muffler if it would fit. umm is there a way to bump up the size of the pipe without messin it up? the stock pipe is like half the size of the muffler pipe. i wanna put that muffler on it. i think itd be pretty freakin funny.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:23 PM
Trailblazer

hey man you talk abou tjunk yards for bikes there is one near fayetteville n.c. on hwy 211north called bears. i will get you a phone # okay910-875-4085 you can try him he may have some rims that will fit for a good price give him a call okay. he maybe able to help you out there.

Quick Reply: went ridin the other day