Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

All Ozark Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All Ozark Owners

Just to let people know what you are running on your Ozark incase they see something they may want.

List any thing you have on your Ozark that is not stock. List things you think they should have for Ozarks that will help in any way. If you have pictures and want to include them, feel free!

----------------------------------
2008 Ozark
New tires coming soon but i cant decide which ones!!

Old 05-17-2008, 06:59 PM
Range Rover
Default All Ozark Owners

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: SuziOzark

Just to let people know what you are running on your Ozark incase they see something they may want.

List any thing you have on your Ozark that is not stock. List things you think they should have for Ozarks that will help in any way. If you have pictures and want to include them, feel free!

----------------------------------

2008 Ozark

New tires coming soon but i cant decide which ones!!</end quote></div>I have had Kenda bear claws and Carlisle Trail wolfs. Front and rear for both brands. I gave up mud got rid of the bearclaws. TrailWolfs made it tippy. So I put the Goodyears on like on the Honda Recon and think they are the best tires for trail riding so far.BuckBilly's OzarkThis is a picture with trailwolfs on.

Old 05-17-2008, 07:08 PM
Range Rover
Default All Ozark Owners

BuckBilly's Ozark with Trail wolfs.This link should work.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider
Default All Ozark Owners

Nice Ozark!! I need a winch pretty badly considering my swamp. How did it run with the Kendas on it? Did you notice any HP loss??
I think ITP Should make a light weight Mudlite XTR for people with smaller ATVs like us!! The Mudlite XTRs they have now don't fit any ATV that is not 4 wheel drive. How cheap! lol

------------------------------------------
New 2008 Suzuki Ozark (Olive Green)
New tires coming soon!!

Old 05-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Range Rover
Default All Ozark Owners

Nice Ozark!! I need a winch pretty badly considering my swamp. How did it run with the Kendas on it? Did you notice any HP loss??

I think ITP Should make a light weight Mudlite XTR for people with smaller ATVs like us!! The Mudlite XTRs they have now don't fit any ATV that is not 4 wheel drive. How cheap! lol

------------------------------------------

New 2008 Suzuki Ozark (Olive Green)

New tires coming soon!!</end quote></div>Big time power loss with the bearclaws. A riding buddy has mudlites on his Recon with little power loss. Gators work real good to. SuperSwamper make a 22 inch mud tire to.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default All Ozark Owners

So it is true that there is a lot of power loss with those Kendas?? I was thinking of buying GBC Gators (22x10-9 for the rear, and possibly 22x7-11 for the front) because the 22x10-9s only weigh another 4 pounds each over the stock tires. I was hoping I wouldn't have a lot of HP loss with them considering the swamp I must drive through can be pretty bad at times. Now, is another 8 pounds on the tires almost the same as carrying another 8 pounds on the rear rack?? Because I know my ozark can get through most of my swamp with me and my friend on it and I dought the tires will make the quad bog down as much as it did with my friend and I being stupid, and yes we got stuck....big time...lol. Have you used your winch yet?? If so, hows it work and what brand is it??

They should have kept the 4 wheel drive on these Ozarks. A 4 wheel drive on these would have made these things awesome. I plan on buying a small plow for it so I can plow my driveway in the winter. Although tires chains would help, I'd prefer having four wheel drive.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Range Rover
Default All Ozark Owners

So it is true that there is a lot of power loss with those Kendas?? I was thinking of buying GBC Gators (22x10-9 for the rear, and possibly 22x7-11 for the front) because the 22x10-9s only weigh another 4 pounds each over the stock tires. I was hoping I wouldn't have a lot of HP loss with them considering the swamp I must drive through can be pretty bad at times. Now, is another 8 pounds on the tires almost the same as carrying another 8 pounds on the rear rack?? Because I know my ozark can get through most of my swamp with me and my friend on it and I dought the tires will make the quad bog down as much as it did with my friend and I being stupid, and yes we got stuck....big time...lol. Have you used your winch yet?? If so, hows it work and what brand is it??

They should have kept the 4 wheel drive on these Ozarks. A 4 wheel drive on these would have made these things awesome. I plan on buying a small plow for it so I can plow my driveway in the winter. Although tires chains would help, I'd prefer having four wheel drive.</end quote></div>8lbs a tire is more like 34lbs of weight on the rack. You have to spin the tire not carry it.
I have a 1700lbs warn winch. I would recomend a 2500lbs winch. Also I put a 60lbs weight on my trailer hitch. Done this since new in 02.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default All Ozark Owners

Bummer. Wow. I didn't think that there would be that much of a difference in weight!! Oh well. I will also have to buy a Dynojet kit so I will gain at least some power back. Wow!! Your Ozark is a 2002?? It looks great and well maintained. Do these Ozarks still run well after a while?? And that was a smart idea to put weight on your trailer hitch!! If only I had-lol. I have to go buy one anyway to pull around my trailer.

How do those Trail Wolfs work?

Old 05-19-2008, 08:25 AM
Range Rover
Default All Ozark Owners

Bummer. Wow. I didn't think that there would be that much of a difference in weight!! Oh well. I will also have to buy a Dynojet kit so I will gain at least some power back. Wow!! Your Ozark is a 2002?? It looks great and well maintained. Do these Ozarks still run well after a while?? And that was a smart idea to put weight on your trailer hitch!! If only I had-lol. I have to go buy one anyway to pull around my trailer.

How do those Trail Wolfs work?</end quote></div>The Ozark runs a lot better with the more use it gets. Change my oil twice a year and my spark plug after snowplowing season.I like the Goodyear trackers (stock Recon tires) better than the Trail Wolfs. wish I would have put them on sooner.

Old 05-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default All Ozark Owners

Well its good to know ozarks last a while!! do you think you liked the stock ozark tires better than the recons? the same? worse?

Quick Reply: All Ozark Owners