Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Will 250R A-arms work??????

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will 250R A-arms work??????

Hello all, got a new question, and may be dumb, but don't know myself, so I'm asking. On a whim I bought a set of upper and lower A-Arms on ebay, I came across them while surfing the bay, they had 2 mins. left and ZERO bids on a NO RESERVE auction. As a joke i put in $1 cause the starting bid was .99 . Well I won the auction, but $19 for shipping, still think I got a decent deal??? Anyways, is there any advantage of these over factory LT 230 S A-arms? I have a 86 (obviously) and these are from an 85 LT 250 r, are they longer? Stronger? Hell, will they even work???HAHAHAHAHHA! Yeah i bought them for $20 not even knowing if they would work, but I thought hay that seems like a deal, and i don't have much time to act. And besides, I figure if they dont work for me, someone on here may need them? Anywho, Let me know someone, PLEASE!

Old 01-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

I was looking at the same ones for my '86 LT230S actually! I don't know if they'll work, I've been searching around for the last couple of days trying to answer the questions you just asked and had no luck!

$20 for a full set of a-arms with ball joints though is a sweet deal even if they don't work though. I wanted to try them but just couldn't pull the trigger (Broke college kid).

PLEASE post pics of them once you get them and how they work if they do. From what I've been finding, I would guess that they won't just bolt up. But best of luck to you and keep me posted. I've been trying to find 250S arms with no (affordable) luck and was about to settle on the ones you just bought but then as I said, couldn't do it.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Trailblazer

DUDE, LOVE your ZUK! Mine is also a 86! Hence my name 86LT230S. Anyways, I also have the SAME nerf bars!!! Got em for $120. And strangely enough I am a college student. Back to the question at hand, I was also wondering if I would have to change my front shocks? Someone on here MUST know if this will work. Like I said, if not I will just sell em on here. I will try to post some pics of mine soon, its orange-ish/red which (no offense) I prefer to the all blue look. At any rate, thanks for the respose, and if I don't get an answer I will let ya know how it works out! I want to get a hold of an extra swing arm to modify (lengthen) also, and a rear axle from a 250r because it's wider. Other than that I am pretty happy! LOVE THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-21-2009, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks man. Where you going to school? I'm really not sure if you'll have to change your shocks. It will all depend on how long the a-arms are and if everything will line up right and stuff. The bushings have to be similar width too. So it will pretty much be trial an error! I know there's a lot of 250R shocks on ebay too. Just so you know, the Suzuki LT250S (next generation of ours) has a lot of parts that will work on the 230s like the wider a-arms and better shocks and stuff. Its just impossible to find stuff for them! We've been talking a lot about that stuff lately in the big 230S forum. I think I might have even posted a pic of your a-arms in there asking your same questions, haha.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:15 PM
Trailblazer

Well as much as I love the advice and info here, it seems like if you dont post on that forum then your question wont get answered, there are other post people. I mean I dont want to get lost in that post and would prefer to just ask a SEPERATE LT 230 question, thats my only issue. Anyways, hopefully someone else will gander at this post and have an answer, if not well I will just wing it on my own! Thanks again!

Old 01-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

Hey check out poolgod's last post in the 230S forum, he found the dimensions.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

Did you get those a-arms yet??

Old 01-26-2009, 07:58 PM
Trailblazer

Nope, they havent arrived yet. I have almost got done with a little "over-haul" since my chain issue. Anyway, I have new wheel bearings, swing-arm bearings, Poly chain guides x3, "O-ring" chain, Genuine Suzuki front and rear gears, Nerf Bars, clutch cable, exhaust, grips, Oil and filter change, Left side engine cover replacement ($215 & came with Genuine Suzuki gasket and oil-seal, BRAND NEW PART), Allen head Bolt replacement (12.9 Strength, yeah I know a little over-kill, but they look good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]) ................AND, if anyone can tell me before they get here, the 250r Front upper and lower control arms.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider

nice! which exhaust did you go with and where'd you get the chain guides? You'll have to post some pics!

Old 01-27-2009, 08:27 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 86LT230S

Well as much as I love the advice and info here, it seems like if you dont post on that forum then your question wont get answered, there are other post people. I mean I dont want to get lost in that post and would prefer to just ask a SEPERATE LT 230 question, thats my only issue. Anyways, hopefully someone else will gander at this post and have an answer, if not well I will just wing it on my own! Thanks again!</end quote></div>

The reason you should post over there is everybody will get an email that somebody said something. If you start a new thread, who will know? I just happen to be bored is the only reason I found your thread. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Although I really ain't much help with 250R arms. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

The thing that scares me about 250R arms is they may have a different steering geometry since its a different frame. 250S arms have the same geometry as the 230.... They're just 2 inches longer. Who knows... You might get the 250R arms mounted and find you can't turn because the tie rods hit the shock or something. Nobody knows. But keep us posted because this has been brought up a few times and everyone's curious if it will work. [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Will 250R A-arms work??????