Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2009 z400

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010 | 08:57 PM
Trailblazer

no I don't think so. I put a k and n filter on mine and it seems to just compinsate for it ( remove the snorkle from the air box to get more air intake). I really like mine I put about 6o miles on it every weekend in the nasty tight trails. I put bigger tires on the back to get a little better grond clearance, a 13 tooth front sproket,new handle bars (bent the stock ones and got a seperated shoulder in the process). this thing will pull wheelies in 3rd gear on the trail. great bike you will not be sorry with it. the only prblem I have had so far is the fan fuse got wet and blew. must be common because they put a spare in the fuse holder just for the fan. smart money is on just sealing it up to begin with at home and not on the trail. thanks Seth 03

Old 03-04-2010 | 09:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Originally Posted by iceman320
yeah that's what i'm going to try to get is the 2009 one. Cause i would like one that's fuel injected, cause It would be better in the winter when I want to go spin and drift around on the slick snow covered roads. Would I have to buy a new computer for the z400 if I put a k&n or uni filter on it with an hmf exhaust system?
You can get by without a computer with those accessories added BUT you will gain a whole lot more if you do add the computer/controller along with the other two. These EFI systems on ATV's have no Oxygen sensors on them therefore they cannot adjust timing advance or fuel for the amount of airflow so you need to do this with a computer aided maps that EFI controllers provide thus putting your pipe and air filter to full use! If you dont add a computer esp with a exhaust system on you could potentiality cause engine damage by leaning out the fuel system way too much. You will also go through a lot more spark plugs without one that is for sure!

Old 03-04-2010 | 11:21 PM
|
Range Rover

ok thanks for the help guys, nothing is final yet though. i still have to fax the loan paper back to the dealer tomorrow and see if suzuki will approve me. then if that happens and the payment is close to the payment of my current quad then i guess I will get the z400. I might not put a exhaust system on it right away but i will probably put a better flowing air filter on it. so what computer would I need to get for the airfilter?

Old 03-05-2010 | 11:19 PM
|
Range Rover

is there anything that I need to watch out for on the 2009 z400's like any problems that they might have.

Old 03-05-2010 | 11:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Try atv wheel chart

Try atv wheel chart, this might help you

Old 03-05-2010 | 11:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Try atv wheel chart.com

Old 03-06-2010 | 07:51 AM
Pro Rider

Z400 uses same bolt pattern as honda 4X110 good luck on your purchase

Old 03-06-2010 | 08:10 PM
|
Range Rover

well just got back from the dealer with my old 250ex I hurried like heak this morning to take some of my upgrade stuff off of it like my trail tech vapor computer , my hand guards, and my winch and bumper that i had on the front of it. then loaded it in to the back of the truck. so I get to the dealer and they come out a look at it and decide that they could give my 1500 for it on trade in. so then I go in and the woman faxes the loan paper in to sheffield and so I'm all excited and went to check out my new ride. 15 -20mins later I get called over and she tell's me that sheffield said no and turned me down, and then when i asked why, she said that they wouldn't say and that they would send me a letter. so this sucks and I'm mad as hell right now. cause i took my quad all the way there and drove for an hour to get there and took everything off my quad just to be turned down and have to bring my quad back home and have to put everything back on. what a f' ing crock. So I guess I will see what the letter says when i get it. the one thing that si know for sure is that i will never again look a suzuki quad or anything suzuki for that matter.

Old 03-07-2010 | 12:12 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by iceman320
well just got back from the dealer with my old 250ex I hurried like heak this morning to take some of my upgrade stuff off of it like my trail tech vapor computer , my hand guards, and my winch and bumper that i had on the front of it. then loaded it in to the back of the truck. so I get to the dealer and they come out a look at it and decide that they could give my 1500 for it on trade in. so then I go in and the woman faxes the loan paper in to sheffield and so I'm all excited and went to check out my new ride. 15 -20mins later I get called over and she tell's me that sheffield said no and turned me down, and then when i asked why, she said that they wouldn't say and that they would send me a letter. so this sucks and I'm mad as hell right now. cause i took my quad all the way there and drove for an hour to get there and took everything off my quad just to be turned down and have to bring my quad back home and have to put everything back on. what a f' ing crock. So I guess I will see what the letter says when i get it. the one thing that si know for sure is that i will never again look a suzuki quad or anything suzuki for that matter.
That sucks but you can still get killer deals on Craigs list.I have a 05 and my kid has a 06 Kawazuki 400 They both had full pipe , K+n, extra set of tires (sand) mine has 13 tooth sprocket for about $3500 in Oregon maybe less elsware . about 2 years ago ,just be sure 05 and newer on these good luck.

Old 03-07-2010 | 08:38 AM
|
Range Rover

yeah I would look on craigs list but i would like a fuel injected quad if i buy another one so that i can go out in the winter and push the button and have it run. instead of having to hold the throttle open on mine trying to get it warm enough for it to run. so that's why I was going to buy the 2009 on that the dealer had. but i guess i might just have to suffer with my decision of buying my 250ex in the first place.

Quick Reply: 2009 z400