Old 04-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009-2010 King Quad 750

Well
Thinking of buying a King Quad 750
I have heard nothing but good things
Anyone know any bad things? LOL
What are some performance mods out there for them?
Any info and or owner info would be AWESOME!
Hmmmm, also is the PS worth the extra $1,000???!!!

Old 04-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

I would highly suggest reading Dirt wheels FEB issue Big Bore power steering shootout. You can take there finishing order with a grain of salt but there is some good individual machine results that might spike your interest. With that said I have found my dream 4x4 hopefully you can to!

Old 04-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Trailblazer

I like the 700 Grizzly as well but there are several owners already in my area and no one owns a 750 KQ!
That's why I have been leaning towards the KQ as they and Grizz are very close in reliability, features and power.....Not to mention in my area I can get a KQ for about $2,000 less than a Grizz....
I don't know how I could get my hands on that issue (feb) of DW?
How do you like your Grizzly?...pros and cons?

Old 04-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Without getting into a long life story of different machines that I have either owned or have been on I can honestly say it is a real joy to find a machine that is as complete of a machine as the Grizz is. Does it have faults? Sure but I have NEVER had a machine hold up as well as the Grizz has and put a smile on my face each and every ride it. Over time I have learned to try and not knock anyone's machine but let the machine speak for itself and the Grizz has done just that!

I will say this it sure is nice to be able and leave the tool box with the truck!

Old 04-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider
Reconranger (automatics are for sissies)!

I've had good luck with my King. The most reliable ATV i've had so far (my eighth one) but I would go for the power steering next time.
Hope this helps
Buck

Old 04-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kq 750

I own a KQ 750, 09. With out power steering. It really depends on your riding style. I really like mine. I got it to trail ride and plow snow. It has a great set up over all. I have always been a Honda guy, but I made the switch because Honda doesnt have what I was looking for. As for performance mods...There are a TON of things you can do to it. One caveat, consider the 500 or the 450. Depending on your riding style, the smaller cc bikes are just as good as the 750, they just dont have the top end speed. I could have saved a lot of $$$$ if I didnt have to have the 750. I now know that I could have gotten the 500 and been just as happy. And I would have had an extra $1000 or so to spend on aftermarket gear and mods. I know lots of people that have them and beat the tar out of them. (King Quads in general)
The Grizz is also a good bike, I havent heard many bad things about them. I rode all big bores except Artic Cats before I bought the KQ.
If you have any specific questions, let me know.
Munsk.

Old 04-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Range Rover

I am new so I can't speak to reliability yet, but I just purchased the KQ 450. It is a "previous year new" model. Meaning it is an '07 but it was not used. The owner of the shop I bought it from said he was so impressed with them that he bought tons and stored them. From my time in the showroom, the 700/750 is the exact same size and pretty much the same in every way (no power steering option on the 450) just a different motor and a slight weight difference. I am not sure on the big brother's price but I paid about 5,300 and added a 2,500lb. warn winch, electric pivot and warn plow all for 7K out the door. I am LOVING this machine! Plenty of power, at least to me as a noob. Good luck!

Old 04-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just picked up my 09 KQ 750 today. Its still in the breakin period so i cant speak about reliability, but the power steering is awesome. I almost didnt get it, but after today i am happy i did. When going thru mud and rudded out trails it makes it 10 times easier. little to no feedback when hitting bumps and stuff. I would reccomend it highly if you dont mind spending the extra $$. If you look hard enough there is some 2009s left over and you could save yourself some serious money.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Trailblazer

I test drove a kq before I bought my most recent polaris. I came from an xp550 non eps and the KQ felt like it had power steering. After test driving the KQ and Griz on the same day I told myself that I wouldn't get the PS on either models. They were so much better in the steering dept than the xp 550 I didn't think I would need it. I am sure it makes a difference, but both those quads steer great. I ended up getting an 850 with EPS and it makes that quad feel tons lighter and more nimble. My advice would be to test drive both the PS and non PS models back to back.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Range Rover

..you can read and research until you exhaust yourself out..My wifes next ATV brand is un-decided at this time..I will look closer at the ball joints, tie-rods, air filtration system, and brakes..you will get pro & cons on all of them..however, each year new and improved features are occurring..a question to ask is how is the MFG dealing with warranty issues, etc.
The 3 year warranty is a BIG plus when buying! I got that with my Can-am 800..We want something very.very, quiet in the woods also. Photo of wildlife (Reason) We will have PS also in the next one & maybe a plow..

We might come back to Suzuki, but unsure at this time since we will not buy new for about two years yet..very surprised that our 06 KQ Knuckles ($200.00 each), and ball joints are worn out at 1600 miles..she rides an 06 KQ only on forest trails..and never in winter, and speed is usually only 25 MPH..Good Luck in your purchase what ever it will be..and did I mention..The 3 year warranty is a BIG plus when buying!

and PLEASE dont put on a loud muffer...trails around us have be fenced off & closed because of A**Hol*S with loud atv's.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2009-2010 King Quad 750