Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

09 king quad, no pull start

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 09:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 king quad, no pull start

There is no pull start setup on the my new 09 750KQ, My Dealer has no info why Suzuki stoped putting them on? Does anyone here know why. Wish I had noticed that before I bought. Does anyone know if a pull start setup can be bolted up, is there an aftermarket for that or could that be something I could get from Suzuki

Old 04-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

You must have power steering. My 09 750 KQ has a pull start, but no power steering.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider
Reconranger (automatics are for sissies)!

I think it was one of those "how do we make it cheaper" things. I do believe it can be ordered thru Suzuki...at an added cost of course.
Buck

Old 04-20-2010, 01:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Originally Posted by SBuckJ
I think it was one of those "how do we make it cheaper" things. I do believe it can be ordered thru Suzuki...at an added cost of course.
Buck
Yes and the fact that most any "Big bore" does not have them anyone any way. If you think it is going to be a issue for you I would suggest a investment in a battery tender to keep you battery healthy!

Old 04-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider
Reconranger (automatics are for sissies)!

Originally Posted by DODGE57HEMI
Yes and the fact that most any "Big bore" does not have them anyone any way. If you think it is going to be a issue for you I would suggest a investment in a battery tender to keep you battery healthy!
Sad thing is they should all have them. All these machines are moving to all comfort and no sense. Remember the days they were all standards and if they didn't start, you'd pull them? Those were the days!!!
Buck

Old 04-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

more worried about being on a week long hunt in the middle of no where. I guess a small set of jumper cables are in order

Old 04-21-2010, 01:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Originally Posted by dentedup
more worried about being on a week long hunt in the middle of no where. I guess a small set of jumper cables are in order
Yep probably a good Idea but will say I have never had a issue with either of my quads and a failed batter (knock knock)

Old 04-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

A buddy sprained his wrist pull starting his Rincon... a 680. I don't even want to try pull starting a 750 or bigger. I was told that EFI doesn't work without battery power, so it's pointless on newer quads. There may be a nugget of truth to this. I know the fuel pump cycles on the 850 when you turn the key to the 'on' position before you start it. If the fuel system didn't get primed, the quad wouldn't start.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Originally Posted by bitterfitter
A buddy sprained his wrist pull starting his Rincon... a 680. I don't even want to try pull starting a 750 or bigger. I was told that EFI doesn't work without battery power, so it's pointless on newer quads. There may be a nugget of truth to this. I know the fuel pump cycles on the 850 when you turn the key to the 'on' position before you start it. If the fuel system didn't get primed, the quad wouldn't start.
x2 This exactly why they dont use or need pull start on EFI units!

Old 04-22-2010, 08:01 PM
Trailblazer
Default Pull Start?

x2 This exactly why they dont use or need pull start on EFI units!
RIGHT!! Jumper Cables it is!

Quick Reply: 09 king quad, no pull start