Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

88 LT230-What to look for?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mserno75
I found out the neutral base sensor was cracked. I ordered a new one and hopefully that's the reason for the indicator lights and the starter switch not working. If it doesn't know that it's in neutral it won't start with the button. I did find out that if you cross the posts on the solenoid that the electric start works now.
its possible that the neutral switch being broke would cause the starter switch not to work properly. if the switch isnt working the light might not work.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even after swapping the neutral sensor it still didn't work. So I decided to pull the reverse sensor and found some broken wires that were under the casing that ran right behind the swing arm. After repairing the wires I now have working neutral and reverse lights and the electric start works perfect. So it seems the reverse sensor is the main wiring for that whole system.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mserno75
Even after swapping the neutral sensor it still didn't work. So I decided to pull the reverse sensor and found some broken wires that were under the casing that ran right behind the swing arm. After repairing the wires I now have working neutral and reverse lights and the electric start works perfect. So it seems the reverse sensor is the main wiring for that whole system.
i'm glad it worked out for ya man. hard to believe a couple of broken wires can cause that much trouble.

Old 09-12-2015, 06:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1987 lt230E

I just bought my son a 1987 lt 230 E the cover behind the chain is missing.. The mag case is not cracked but need to know The name of the cover behind the chain... Thinking transmission cover.. The case save and all is missing.. Please.... Help thanks.