Help!! Ltz400 run for 20min then cut out - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Old 03-04-2017, 04:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Default Help!! Ltz400 run for 20min then cut out

Help!!! Ltz400
Hi new to this forum and to owning a ltz400 so would be grateful for any hints or tips!! I have a bit of a problem with it! I took it out for a run today fist time in about 4week! And I had a bit of trouble starting it witch I put down to it not being run in a few weeks so put it down to the battery! Anyway got it going and off I went pulled strong in all the gears till I got in to 5th and really opend it up witch it then started to bog down and cut out!! And would not start agin! Got it started of a bump start! then same agine run strong till I hit 5th gear then bogged down and cut out! And would not start off the button! Any ideas?? I got the battery on charge now and il leave it over night! Thanks!!
Old 03-04-2017, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

Fuel tank vent kinked or pinched? Fuel line to carb, pinched or kinked or even cracked. Float set too low? Try a new spark plug, even. My gas Arctic Cats will act wonky if I run em low on gas and don't switch to reserve. It could even be a weak coil or a voltage rectifier (regulator) going bad. I suppose even needing a valve adjustment...
Old 03-05-2017, 04:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the reply, I'm going to strip everthing back to the carb today all fuel lines etc and check everything over! And fit a new spark plug, silly question I no but do the battery recharge it's self? Coz iv noticed my speedo is constantly on and so was my alarm till I took it off! Thanks in advance!