Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

New Tires For KingQuad 400

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 08:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Tires For KingQuad 400

Thought I would start researching a tire upgrade for the KQ even though the stockers are brand new. I ride predominantly on old logging skid roads composed of mostly shale and clay in the mountains of NY. There are some very steep climbs with a few off cambers that make things very interesting. There's virtually no mud but we do get 6-10 inch snow falls during deer season. I've been reading good things about the ITP Terra Cross. I intend to stay with 25x8R12 in front and 25x10R12 in the rear on SS212 rims. If anybody rides in similar conditions and has actual experience on these or another comparable tire please let me know what you think. Also, what would be a fair price to ask for the brand new OEM tires and rims? Thanks.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

Okaaay. Terra Cross it is.

Old 09-09-2017, 08:34 AM
Pro Rider

Have the Terra Cross RT's on my Arctic Cat 700 Diesel (26") and they are really nice. I found, at least on the heavy Diesel that they like tire pressures a bit higher. I run 9 psi front and 7 psi rear. Another tire that is maybe even better, have on my gas model 700 Cat, Outlaw MST's. MST's might be better in snow or mud, Terra Cross better in the rocks.

Old 09-09-2017, 10:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm glad you're happy with the Terra's. Everything I've read and seen on Youtube has been positive for my riding situation. The MST's are more of a mud tire and way too aggressive. I don't imagine they'd be as nice a ride as the Terra's on most of the trails I ride. I encounter virtually zero mud and, for the snows that I'm likely to deal with, the consensus is that the Terra's should handle it pretty well.

I see you're in Penobscot. I have a hundred acs up the road between Milbridge and Cherryfield. Planning a week of deer hunting up there in November.

Old 09-09-2017, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

As I said, both are good, but you'd be surprised, the MST's ride excellent. I've had em up to almost 70 mph on the road, they feel rock steady. My Diesel cat tops out at about 44 mph on the road, so I can't compare high speed, but I'd give em both 5 stars. Before the Terra Cross , I had 30" Mudzillas on the Diesel, those rode like crap and were poor in the snow. Good luck hunting!