Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Quadrunner ignition switch red wire fell off

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 04:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quadrunner ignition switch red wire fell off

Hi all,

Tried to start my quadrunner 250 (1997 model I believe) 2 days ago and found out the the red wire from the ignition switch (had electrical tape around wire) fell off to where ever it was attached.

I have the manual and for the life of me can't figure it out even 2 days later with the wiring diagram. I have tried the red wire connection from the regulator (got nothing) and the from the battery (off was actually light on).

Not sure if its related, but neither the neutral or reverse lights have ever worked.

Any assistance would now be greatly appreciated as now I am only guessing.

Cheers Mark.

Old 11-12-2017, 02:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

Okay I have a bit more info.

I have taken the front plastics off and pulled the ignition key switch(on,off and lights) apart and its appears this red wire (left of orange wire) is being spliced off the orange on wire. It seems this isn't a standard setup when look at the pics of this ignition key switch so not sure why this has been setup this way.

Does this help someone because I have tried placing this red wire in various places with no luck. Also the bike doesn't start with the normal ignition setup.

Attached Thumbnails Quadrunner ignition switch red wire fell off-20171112_190341.jpg  
Old 11-26-2017, 01:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have used my voltmeter and tested the battery and fuses and the solenoid. I also tested the solenoid with screw driver across both points of contact and starter winds up. However testing any wires and connectors with voltmeter after the solenoid reveals I have no 12v power anywhere, is this normal?

Also when I place the red custom wire which is being pliced off the orange wire inside the switch onto the solenoid the front light comes on when the key is in both the 'off' and 'on' position. Does this info help?