Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Everyone is in the dark

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2001, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I a couple of months ago purchase my first zilla. I was very skeptical til i rode it. After i rode it i swore to god it was powered by a 4 stroke engine with its gobs o torque. Then getting out of the guys yard and onto a nice straight it pulled like a shee to eye watering speeds. But then i was thinking hmm this cant handle on an mx course... but i again was wrong. The zillas stock width is so wide every corner from hair pins to long swoopers were takin like a full race bike. Jumping was excellant. I even pulled some bigger 40ft table tops with ease.(i can imagin much bigger air when i upgrade the shocks) I am not trying to brag or cut the other hi po quads down (well maybe a little) but i think people should realy try a zilla before they try any thing else. Every one says that raptors are just the best and all this well i dont think so. I can say this cause i owned one for a year and after riding this zilla there is no comparison. I didnt post this to brag just to tell everyone how happy i am with my zilla. Anyone else wanna speak on how they like their quads lets hear it.

Old 08-23-2001, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

Well the only reason we can't all have one is cuz they don't make them anymore and are hard to find.

Old 08-24-2001, 11:34 AM
Range Rover

People really are in the dark when it comes to the zilla. There was some punk kid on another forum that thought it was a 900cc machine. Another guy thought it was a 4-stroke. Of course every Raptor owner thinks his quad is faster than a Zilla cuz there is now way on earth that some 15 year old quad is gonna be faster than the bad @$$ quad that he just paid $7,000 for. Those guys get me the worst. Oh well. I guess you and me will will just have to educate them huh. Later.

Old 08-24-2001, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

I think the reason everyone says a Zilla is bad for MX and all that junk is because they can't handle the power of this Bad Boy. I can't wait til I get one!

Old 08-24-2001, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

zillaman don't forget about that guy who said zillas suck because you could bore a banshee out to 500cc and it would beat a quadzilla. lol! that guy was stupid!

Old 08-24-2001, 03:40 PM
Range Rover

Oh yes jugallo, I had forgotten about that little friend of ours. Darn kids.

Old 08-24-2001, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

Did any of you guys see the artical on the 500 in the october DW mag? They were braggin how it takes such severe mods on the other quads to keep up with or beat the zilla. I also saw on there that they had a zilla clamp on filter kit available from duncan racing. Anyone have this kit? If so how do they like it?

Old 08-25-2001, 03:44 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know how many times I have heard about handling problems with these bikes. I never have understood it either. I have never had any trouble turning mine at all. In fact I can turn mine before anybody else I have ever ridden with can turn their wheelers. For example, I can be in the front of the pack, like usual, and spin that sucker around and be heading back at them before they even realize it. It's just simple point and shoot.

Old 08-25-2001, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

even tho i unfortunately haven't ever rode a quadzilla i know what your talkin about slinger. i never understood why people say the 250's handle so bad but i think i have a theory. every1 is used to the way 250r's turn but then they get on an LT and try to ride it like its an R or 400EX. they don't realize it takes a different riding method to make the QR handle like a champ. or at least thats what i think from my experiences. i definately have to ride my 400EX different from how i rode my quadracer (and it isn't just a 2 stroke 4 stroke thing either)

Old 08-25-2001, 01:48 PM
RIP Dear Friend

You know how Raptor people are they form packs to take care of them Zillas. We all group together and force Zilla to jump off into a stripper pit to make species extinct one by one. When a Raptor is by itself it has to run like hell so Zilla won't get it. If Zilla gets to close to Raptor alone, the Raptor carbs pop off and its transmission falls out and then Zilla has easy Prey. With the Zilla though it's not the fall that kills it, it's the sudden stop. Chet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Everyone is in the dark