Go Back  ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community > Brand Discussions Area > Suzuki
Reload this Page >

Clean unmolested LT500s are getting harder and harder to find. Someone find me a clean 89-90!

Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Clean unmolested LT500s are getting harder and harder to find. Someone find me a clean 89-90!

Old 08-30-2001, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for a 89-90 Zilla. Every single one I come across is either way to modified, abused way to much or both. I am trying to find one that is stock as possiable, but I will consider modified ones if the work is done right. The most importiant thing to me is a straight frame and suspension. I am willing to pay a little extra to find a extremely clean one. I live in Shreveport La and I am willing to travel up to 250mi. Someone help me as this is a strange situation, I have cash, but cant find one clean enough to spend it on.
thanks guys
Warren

Old 08-30-2001, 08:39 PM
Range Rover

Dude you reckon its hard for you over there!! damn i was lucky as hell to score mine! Ive been told there is only about 20 zilla's in my entire state....and that includes the ones not running!

Anyone buying a zilla has to realise they will be doing regular maintenance and fixes to these old beasts. I would be more inclined to buy one that needs a little TLC for a really cheap price and then do a rebuild. That way you know the exact condition of your machine and how hard you can go on it. Just yesterday i check out the local classifieds called the Quokka, and theres a 90 zilla in there for $8700 (AUS)!!! I bought mine for $5000 (AUS) with spare set of douglas rims etc etc...!!! Ive seen this bike too and its been around a bit. Ripped plastics, rusted chassis......The one i bought was in way better condition! Problem is thats the only two zillas ive seen in the paper for about 8 months. the one i bought and the one which is a rip off!!

All you can do is be patient. And why are you limiting yourself to an 89-90. Just find the best deal. There are no problems with the earlier models that cant be fixed easily...like the head problem with the 87.... just find the best deal and go for it. Hope that helped dude.
There should be someone out there that can help.....comon someone must have a mate with a nice zilla for sale. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2001, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

That is why I am willing to spend the extra cash to insure that I can get what I want, I know its out there, its just going to take a while to find one, a good friend of mine just bought a really nice 89 that was totally stock down to the lame a$$ tires and that goofy-a$$ zip-tied piece of foam to the front bumper. He paid $3900 for it and I am hoping to find a similiar deal. He11, id take one that the engine was wore slap out if the rest of the frame and suspension was straight, I dont mind rebuilding the top end, I just dont want one that has been used for cross-country racing for the last 11 years.

Old 08-31-2001, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

No2StrokeBs you live in Shreveport, LA? Why does your profile say Idaho? If you live in La were do you all ride over there? There's no real place to ride my Quadzilla over here. What about ultimate trails or Funwheeler Park? You ever been there?

Old 08-31-2001, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

Man, U must not be looking. There are thousands of places to ride in the Northwest part of LA. Have you ever heard of La Dunes? There are some really large sand pits in Sibly, also, In Longview Texas that is the 4-wheeler fun park that consist of over 3000 acres of trails. In Greenwood there is the newly established quad park Right off Colquitt road or Hwy 169 as it is known. I know Monroe kinda blows, I went to Northeast for 2 years then I wised up and came home.

Old 09-01-2001, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

LA Dunes is down by Alexandria. Where and what is the story on the Sibley sandpits? They're a lot closer. Monroe does blow and so does Northeast, that's why I'm at Tech.