Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Placing deposits on DRZ400 without knowing price

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2001, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read in another post where people already have deposits on them but as far as I know, no one knows what the price will be. As for them my dealer said this and that, I won't believe it until it's on Suzuki's site or see some type of document with it. I guess my question is....doesn't it feel a little akward putting a deposit on something that you don't even know the price of?

Old 12-12-2001, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

I would have to agre.
I've stopped in a few dealers and popped the Z-400 up, they all said they were going to be in in a few weeks.
All had looked like they didn't have a clew on what I was talking about.
If any one has met a sales person from a dealer that has a clue and won't take your money on something that isn't out yet, let me know.

Old 12-12-2001, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

as long as the deposits are refundable, it shouldn't make a difference. If someone puts down $4k on a machine that you know will cost atleast that and it ensures they get first delivery, then why not? Some people just have to have the first of everything in their area simply for bragging rights and cost isn't so much of an issue. Also, here in MN, if you make a down payment on any motor vehicle, then you only pay tax on the remaining balance. Not sure if it's the same way in other states, but it sure makes it nice when you can drop a few thousand bucks on a machine and then you can make some upgrades with the money you saved in sales tax.

Old 12-12-2001, 06:05 PM
Range Rover

I put a deposit on a new Z400 and do not think it's that akward. I know that the price will be between a Raptor and 400ex so the price doesn't really matter. A dealer I talked to said the price should be closer to if not $5699. But who knows. Also the deposit is refundable and I can decide to wih draw it at any time. It just inures that I will have the first one shipped so I don't have to wait after the come out.

Old 12-13-2001, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

True about deposits as long as you get them back. I guess I don't understand why they are supposedly coming in a few weeks but Suzuki hasn't placed a price on them. With most ATV's you no long before they come out how much they will cost.

When the Raptor came out the price was set and I put a deposit down on one. When I found out the dealer was charging like $900 for setup and freight on the first batch, I took it back. Unfortunately they own a lot of the Yamaha dealers in Phoenix and when other dealers found out people were paying this, they did it too. Hopefully Suzuki dealers don't pull the same crap.

Old 12-13-2001, 07:13 PM
Range Rover

I was told that I have about 5 months until the Z's come out. Highly doubt they'll be out in a few weeks.

Old 12-14-2001, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like everyone else says, as long as the deposit is refundable, you don't have anything to loose. I have heard that they will be out in April (don't hold me to it). Kadafiy, when you get yours, come down my way for a ride at Wayne National Forest.

Old 12-14-2001, 07:02 PM
Range Rover

I plan on going there and to Wellsville. Also, I'm going to go to two other places I got fliers for called Elson Street and Bear Creek Ampitheatre

Old 12-14-2001, 11:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Kadafiy

I have a Suzuk Qmaster and need some to ride with..any suggestions or know of anyone who rides a util. quad?

Greg
Akron, OH

Old 12-17-2001, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kadafiy, Wellsville is shut down. See my posts under Where to Ride.

Quick Reply: Placing deposits on DRZ400 without knowing price