Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Raptor for Zilla

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 07:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What mod's do you have done to your zilla? and what is your top speed?
Where abouts do you do most of your rideing? and how far is it from North Bay? have you ever heard of Carmichael Pit in North Bay?

Old 02-11-2002, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

Nope never heard of Carmichael Pt. We ride in Garson which is aprx. 1.5 hrs. west of North Bay...10 mins. from my house... Mods. Larger head studs, crank bearing boses inserts, grease nips. in rear axle bearing carrier and in front susp. also changed the cheezy needle bearings in the front with better ball bearings (slightly re-engeneered front susp.) works performance front shocks. This quad has been completely restored from the ground up, trying to keep it as original as possible. Top speed? When I bought this thing it had a larger front srocket and over sized rear tires. It was so fast that the front would start to hop kinda like a tire was unbalanced. I was never able to bring it to full speed cuz I always ran out of road. Then decided that I wanted to live to see my kids grow up so I reduced the srocket and bought regular sized tires for it to bring it back down to the original speed. I never had it clocked but it's still fast enough to kick the air out of me once in a while. It pulls like a freight train

87 QZ
87 QS

Old 02-11-2002, 09:18 PM
Trailblazer

I bet it does!
I want a zilla so bad or at least the power of one,
Have you taken a good look at a raptor?
If you have do you think i could get a lt500 motor to fit?
From the calculations and measurements i'v made it looks like i could get it to fit pretty easilly and my dad is a wiz in the shop so getting some help from him shouldn't be a problame.
I thaught asking you because you are older and weiser than I and If it comes down to it I might take a drive up your way and take a good look at your bike and compare it to mine.

Old 02-11-2002, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

Personally I don't like the raptor. I find it very high and narrow, but still an awsome looking quad though. I don't know why you want to rip out an engine from a almost new quad, unless it's toast. You could sell the raptor and get a good price for it since it's still fairly new and then buy a zilla. As for putting the engine in the raptor, I think that anything is possible. I have a buddy that put a YZF 600cc engine in a Honda Odyssey atv. The zilla has a very agressive stance and is very stable in corners

87 QZ
87 QS

Old 02-11-2002, 10:24 PM
Trailblazer

I think i'll just sell the raptor and buy a zilla and do the suspension on it so i can jump as big as i do on my raptor.
your write about the tall and narrow chracteristics of the raptor.
And that way i don't have the monthly payments that i have with the raptor.