ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Suzuki (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/)
-   -   00 king quad top speed??? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/58907-00-king-quad-top-speed.html)

Gowili 03-11-2002 08:13 PM

Wrong this time Bill! Before I put the carb kit on the KQ, he was hitting 54 MPH on GPS. Then I added the carb kit and now it won't do better than 45 MPH. It has more power than ever at low to mid-range but you're right... it's not designed to do 60 MPH. somebody's GPS is on the fritz... or maybe they were going down hill at the time...
Chuck

MUDDY4LIFE 03-11-2002 09:19 PM

Chuck,
not attemting to argue with you,but no stock KQ can go 54mph,Id bet 100 bucks on that.Just because your GPS read 54mph,does still not mean its correct?Top end on a Honda Recon is about 43-45mph,and you know what happened when you raced one?

Bill

RedRooster 03-11-2002 09:36 PM

My one ridin buddy's uncle just got a Vinson andhe said he raced his 400EX and it would beat him out of the hole but then the 400 would take it. I didn't get to see it, so I don't know if it's true.

Gowili 03-12-2002 05:50 PM

Could be right there Bill. My GPS can only read what the satellites deliver. The satellites could be wrong. I can't figure out why the military's not using your expertise to calibrate those things.
I kinda figured you would protest. OK, you're right! The King, never did do 54 MPH. But it was fun talkin'to you again... :0)
Chuck

markdf 03-12-2002 09:01 PM

Now there was a time when GPS data wasn't as accurate as it is today. Then the government lifted the accuracy restriction so us peasants could get nearly as good readings as the military.

Chuck, what year did you measure 54mph on your KQ?

Mark

MUDDY4LIFE 03-12-2002 09:04 PM

I never said that your KQs speedo or your GPS never read 54mph,I said if thats what they read,they are both incorrect.I also said I'd bet ANYONE a 100 bucks that a stock KQ does not do 54mph[radar gun].I dont see anyone challenging me?

The military using my expertise to calibrate their satellites?Its been long known that even the military has not perfected the accuracy of all the satellites in use,and while using my expertise to calibrate them is very flattering coming from you,You know damn well my wk ends are allready taking doing Safety Classes.
[lol]

Have a good one!

Bill

Whitelightning74 03-14-2002 05:43 AM

I ain't gonna say the speedo is right but 2 of my freinds has king quads one is 99 and other 2000, both will run exactly 55 mph by the speedo but again i am not saying its right

Gowili 03-14-2002 09:50 PM

Hi Bill! You be the man... Never miss a good fight. But you did say my GPS was wrong and now you're saying the military don't know how to calibrate, which is what I said they should be using you to do. Man! I like this...
Chuck

MUDDY4LIFE 03-14-2002 10:06 PM

Im about sick of arguing like little kids over the top speed of a KQ?

OK,
Steak dinners for all!The KQ does 95mph on the top end.Hope this makes everyone happy now?

Bill

Wolverine16 03-14-2002 10:11 PM

Hey Guys,
King Quad can do 55 mph if you have long pave flat road! My dad had a 97 king quad. Most of the time I would only go about 45 because I ride on the dirt road and sometimes 55 on the flat hard pack road and finally I hit 60 on sleep downhill road while I was passing bayou 220 wide open. King Quad has very very high gear in 5th! Bayou will always smoke me on the hill and the flat too. I only can do 35 on a hill like about 40 degrees. King quad is not maked for speed! If you want speed get a Raptor or Banshee or wait for that new Z400 or even buy a good used QUADZILLA that can do 85 stock!
Hope this helps!

Dusty