Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

don't shoot the messenger!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2002, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, i called alba and asked if the have dyno'ed the lt-z400 yet. yes they have and, like my message title said, they told me that the lt-z400 puts out 35hp to the wheels, stock. the guy i talked to said it puts out 1 more hp than the raptor they have dyno'ed. and get this, with the yosh full system, it puts out 52hp to the wheels. damn, this quad rocks. he also told me that the air box is very restrictive and once i open that up it will make a world of a difference. wow, now i'm really impressed. if you guys don't believe me call (800)487-3236.

Old 05-10-2002, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

So what you are saying is that adding the pipe will increase hp about 50 percent. Thats an awsome pipe. To increase hp by almost 50 percent what did they do to the intake to compensate for the increased exhaust?

Old 05-10-2002, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

he didn't tell me much in detail. i remember a salesman telling me this before and i thought he was full of ****. but now that i talked to an alba rep (i don't think he would lie cuz they sell different types of quads), it sounds more believable. i guess we're just gonna have to wait and see for someone to get the system. and fyi, he also told me that it'll be a couple of months until they start selling parts for it. they're having a hard time holding on to one.

Old 05-10-2002, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

they are probably talking about some big bore kit. Either that or they just want to sell. My dealer told me that my 300ex would go about 75 mph.

Old 05-10-2002, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

that's probably it. he didn't really say the "exhaust" kit. all he said was the kit that yosh makes and he mentioned that it's very similar to the one that yosh makes for the DRZ's.

Old 05-10-2002, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

i went the ALBA last week. guy that i talked to (eric) indeed did say that it did put out 1 horse more than a raptor. I heard and saw the suzuki proto/test z400...the yosh exhaust IMHO didnt sound to great...but if its making that kinda power, heck! ill deal with the sound. alba said that they should have their own graphics/pipes/etc soon. 35 HP at the wheels stock....yeeeeeehaw!!!!!

Old 05-11-2002, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

hey, that's the same guy that i talked to. anyway, judging by your name did you own a raptor or was gonna get one or you just like the raptor name? no big deal, just wonderin. anyway, hope you get your lt-z400 soon. i'm goin' ridin' tomorrow and i'll give an update.

Old 05-11-2002, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

Wow,that's amazing......

Old 05-11-2002, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider

Being a die hard Suzuki fan I'm going to have to say BS. Thrshr, I'm not calling you a liar but I think there are some details that Alba has left out. Would that "kit" they're talking about be the one that includes the Yosh pipe AND the 450 big bore? I mean, come on, common sense tells us that a simple pipe and rejet won't yield 15hp in and of itself. Remember the 50hp Raptor with just the Sparks pipe? These magazines and aftermarket tuners are mysteriously the only ones able to achieve these numbers. Not a single Raptor owner that duplicated the Dirt Wheels setup has been able to pull 50hp. If 50hp was that simple every Raptor owner in the world would be running it, yet, you still see the arguments about which pipe makes the most power and not all of them claim 50hp. Another funny story of mystery horsepower is the elusive 61hp Cannibal. A few months ago there was a rumor floating around about all you need is an aftermarket silencer and the Moto map and your Cannibal was pumping out 61hp. Supposedly, an 'inside source' achieved this. When the smoke cleared and the full story came out it was a 454cc Cannibal with a pipe and remap and "other drag race specific mods." In other words, more has been done.

I'm not killing the messenger, just questioning the source.

Old 05-11-2002, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider

oh, i absolutely understand your point guyraptor. i find it hard to get 20 hp out of an exhaust system for a V8 powered vehicle and to say that the exhaust system alone for a motorcycle will yield that much is physically impossible. i posted a message that i guess wasn't "posted" that the system that the rep at alba was telling me was pretty vague and it might have been the 450 kit.

now to the admins, what the hell happened to my post that explained that i didn't believe it was only an exhaust system that gave the quad that much power? oh well. i guess the net isn't perfect...yet.

Quick Reply: don't shoot the messenger!!!