Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Well she is broken in...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2002, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I first got my Z it felt peppy and powerfull, then I adjusted it to half throttle and I thought that was powerfull still. On sunday I moved my throttle up a little so I can have a little more fun since half throttle felt slow and weak now. Well last night I opened her up to full throttle !!! Oh my GOD !!! There is so much power in this quad. I can't believe it. I can now climb any hill we have here with ease in 2nd gear. I try 3rd gear sometimes but the approaches for the hills are very bumpy so you have to go slow at the bottom but I did use 3rd gear on one hill and I was flying up the side very fast, at the top it powered out. I clutched and shifted down to 2nd and punched it, no problem. I can now also play on our mini half dome, its all sand and has three ledges of difficulty. I couldn't make the 3rd edge because the approach was to bumpy and there is a ledge you need to break through first. I had a blast though, 2nd gear wheelies are so damn easy. Even 3rd gear wheelies shouldn't be to hard. Its weird though, I like to putt around looking for new hills to climb and stuff like that then I punch on the throttle and the suspension sinks down and you don't wheelie. Then the bike starts to rev up and bang your hanging on for dear life. I need to take a shovel and rake out to where I ride and make some good jumps and fix some ruts from the spring run off. I hope this weekend is warm. Well as you can see I love my Z400, its my first sport quad and I'm happy as hell.

Old 05-29-2002, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider

right on man. glad to hear your having fun with you new z. hope it's warm? oh, your in canada, over here in socal, we're hopin' it's cool [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-29-2002, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

Where I live in Canada the summer comes very late and leaves very early. But just 10 hours south of me they've had summer for the last month already and its like 30 degrees celcius there and its like 5 or 10 degrees celcius here. Oh well, the snow is almost gone.

A question for you. How often do I lube my chain?

Old 05-29-2002, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

That depends on how much you ride. I ride everyday, and clean my whole bike/quad/trike whatever the hell I have at the time every 2 days, and clean the filter, and lube the chain. I'd say every 7-10 hours of use, I dunno, it may be overkill, but it's cheap insurance.