Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Kasea "sport" Quads

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 03:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are some interesting quads. I saw a while back the 50 and 150 they were making and they looked impressive for the price. I thought they might come out with bigger and bigger ones and they are. Now the 250 is coming out and it's another knock off sport quad. A twin cylinder 250 four stroke for $2600! It looks ok and has ok suspension. What if they come out with like a 400 next that's $3200? You could really do a lot of mods to really bring it to life. Anyway, they look ok, are not expensive. Let's here what you know about Kia's, I mean Kasea's. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 06-13-2002, 03:39 AM
Pro Rider

You get what you pay for..

The chinese copy alot of stuff, make it for CHEAP to try and get a bite of the market(no offense to umm, er, chinamen? lol)

I bought a "high dollar" airgun a while back- paid almost 500 bucks for it.(!) There are several chinese companys that make airguns for CHEAP, they might actually make good power, but the similarities end there.

It would be weird if they hopped on the sport quad wagon, it would surprise alot of people!

Old 06-13-2002, 11:26 AM
Trailblazer

That is so true you get what you pay for! They may look good on the outside but when you get into them they are cheap. I would stick with a quad that has been around awhile.

Old 06-13-2002, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

binford,
too bad Kasea isnt chinese . that seems like what you are inferring at least ( if i read it out of context im sorry ) but Kasea is California based and has HQ in Washington. they're just a small company looking for a niche market. everyone starts off small, maybe they will make it big, who knows. besides, have you ridden one and can attest to the quality ( or lack there of ) of their quads? i havent so i wont make judgement ( "you get what you pay for" ) . just my $.02 besides, atvconnection's review seemed to be fairly positive about them.

Old 06-13-2002, 11:55 AM
Trailblazer

Kaseas are made in South Korea I think and they are a pretty decent machine. I have ridden one and for the money they are a good quad.

Sometimes you get more then what you paid for.

Old 06-13-2002, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

Most (not all) of the copy and youth quads are actually Tiawanese.

Old 06-13-2002, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

i stand corrected, i dug a little deeper and found they are Korean, im glad you chimed in iszdan, would you recommend these quads for children??

Old 06-13-2002, 12:06 PM
Trailblazer

for a kid I think they are great. I think if anything is maintained it will run fine. there is a place in utah that sells a kasea 150 4 stroke automatic with reverse and electric start for a great price.

http://www.wasatchrecreation.com this is where you can find them.

Old 06-13-2002, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we bought a Kasea 50 for our son... it was a piece of crap
slow, always adjusting everything, elecric start didn't work half the time, electircal problems, tippy.... the list goes on...

then bought him a Suzuki LT80.... it's going on it's 3rd year now, and the only problem I've had with it is we need to replace the battery now...

Old 06-13-2002, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

I think the LT80 is rare in that it is actually made by Suzuki. (oops, I have been corrected by a discrete forum member who I have to remember not to get in an argument with because he has this to blackmail me with [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Apparently the LT80 is not made by Suzuki.)

I gotta say this, when my little one gets old enough to ride, I'm going to be looking at some of the off brand ATVs. I can't believe how much these things cost!!!

Quick Reply: Kasea "sport" Quads