Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Rode a QuadZilla for the first time......

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2002, 02:56 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today I had the chance to strap myself aboard the mighty LT-500R. All I have to say is Holy Sh*t. A 15 min ride in the woods was absolutely wild. I regularly ride a 2slow 2001 Polaris TrailBoss. I have rode various quads in the past month to see exactly what I want in a new Sport Quad.
From a modded 400ex( excellent woods quad), Stock Raptor (fast but just a little to high geared), a piped Warrior ( a clutch quad that wished it was fast, too narrow and rough on the front end suspesion), and the mighty Quadzilla (This one takes the cake, not to hard to control,ungodly amounts of hill climbing power, but kick starting this one is a Bit*h).

All in all I like the 400EX's usable power, handling, and just all around good bike. Warrior (Sorry, Yamaha this one dosen't cut it) hated it. Stock Raptor (can't see paying that much for it)runs almost like a Honda. The Quadzilla I have to say is by far the fastest, ***** to the wall excitement, power just where you need it,good handler, 2-3rd gear is where the power is the strongest and I would buy one if it had electric start and a good headlight set-up ( I'd probably be mamed the rest of my life after a few hard rides)hard to ge used to the 2 stroke sound, but If I lived near the dunes this would be the one. I wouldn't settle for anything less.

I am in no way being biased against any of these quads after all I ride a Polaris TrailBoss(good bike but in no way what a top of the line clutch quad gives)Its just my opinion. I hope to soon puchase me a True sport machine. My options are a used 400ex in good condition or go all out for the new Z-400. I haven't rode that one yet because I'd probably go in debt and buy it(My wife would prob shoot me in the head).

Old 07-20-2002, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider

Buy her one too then. LOL Actually we got my wife an Ozark and I got the Z. It's a blast in the woods but I would also like to have a Zilla for blasting down gravel roads and the occasional trip to little sahara.

Old 07-20-2002, 02:00 PM
Range Rover

jeez man dont ride a modded banshee [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. if the lt500 is done right its a banshee eater but theres nothing like the kick from a modded shee. holding on for dear life when you hit the powerban lol. but its not the best woods quad. i have the Z also and love it. eats a 400ex for lunch, better handling and same suspension, reverse which is really nice in the woods. and looks cool too.

Old 07-21-2002, 04:19 AM
Pro Rider

Well glad to hear you liked your first ride on the Zilla I know exactly how you feel the first time I rode my LT500 I thought man this thing is a beast and it still is it can still scare me and you have to always repsect something with so much power.

Old 07-21-2002, 06:08 AM
Pro Rider

I personally love my Quadzilla, I have owned banshee's, polaris's and other bikes and the Lt is my favorite. If you are a very big guy do yourself a favor and buy a Quadzilla. And if it is not fast enough for you just send it to Trinity Racing. They can make it real fast. Trust me I know I have one.