Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

dumb question about a Vinson

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 05:37 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dumb question about a Vinson

Coming to AZ from the midwest I decided I wanted to get an ATV. It would be used for trail ridding and getting off the beaten path Most everyone tells me to get one with independent rear suspension. On the Vison and other brand ATV were the rear suspension works off a swing arm would that be called independent or still thought of as a solid axle?? How good an ATV is the Vision for the type of ridding I will be doing? Also how would it compare with the kodiak 450? I can get a brand new Vinson with the auto tran out the door for 2300 If it would be a good ATV for the ridding I want to do is that a good price????? Thanks Chuck (Cottonwood,AZ)

Old 11-26-2002, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

hey,
there is no such thing as a stupid question....
only stupid people.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-26-2002, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

Independent rear suspension simply means where you would hit a bump with one side of the quad and only one rear wheel would react to it. It will have a differential that is fixed (does not move up and down). Sport quads do not have independent suspension. They have 1 solid shaft going from 1 wheel to the other, connected to the frame via a swing arm. Both rear wheels will react to a bump hitting only one wheel. Can't comment on the Vinson I don't know that quad very well. Hope this helps![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-27-2002, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

if your just trail riding, you can't go wrong with the Vinson. It does have the solid rear axle. The independant suspension will be found on machines like the Polaris Sportsman's, Yamaha Grizzly, Arctic Cat and a couple of the smaller Suzuki machines. The independent suspension allows the wheels to move independent of the other. It offers a very smooth ride, but they do have their faults. If you want a flat handling machine, the Vinson is the one for you.

As I said, you can't go wrong with the Vinson. It's a very fun, well handling, sporty machine with more power than anything else in the 500 class. Be careful while turning the machine. It has the lightest steering in the industry and you can get yourself into a heap of trouble real fast if you're not careful.