Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Scramblers blow

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 10:33 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scramblers blow

no offense to anyone but scamblers are the sh!tiest excuse for a sportquad i have every seen...no they dont handle they cant jump..they have less power then a 400ex its not a high performance quad by far

Old 12-19-2002, 10:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Scramblers blow

Well, I was going to reply to that very rudely, but everyone has their own riding conditions. I drag race my alky burner, but also dune ride it alot to. My 99 sport does 660ft at over 77mph, which is alot more than most totally wound out. But I understand what you are saying. They dont compare as a "sport quad" to the others, but they can be made to haul some serious a$$. The guys at the dunes hate getting ate up by a "heavy ole automatic". It can climb the biggest dune at Little Sahara from a dead standstill at the bottom to the top faster than my 2 buddies 310cc 250r and a piped and ported quadzilla. It's all in what you want. I do consider my bike to be a sport quad (no pun intended), and I like it. It definitely wouldnt be the choice for an MX track. Bubba

Old 12-19-2002, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default Scramblers blow

To me, how fast you wanna go, is how fast you wanna spend. I would imagine if the amount of money that was put into that sport was put into a Zilla, the sport wouldn't hang. Not trying to ruffle feathers, just adding a little fuel. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-20-2002, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default Scramblers blow

My handle bars did shake in my hand making riding an experiece everytime. I did not like that everytime I would ride (even down my street) it felt like it was going to roll. Now it is over and done with but I only had it 2 months, and now it is gone before I had time look into the problem some more. So I'm getting another one and I was just looking for opinions on a good 4-stroke.

Old 12-20-2002, 12:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Scramblers blow

If you want to keep the price down and not concerned about being the fastest, I would look into a 400ex that is maybe a year or two old. You can pick them up cheap, they handle good and make a good woods rider too. They have proven to be reliable also. Just my .02 even though I'm not a Honda man. Bubba

Old 12-20-2002, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Scramblers blow

Earlier this spring I traded my moded 2000 Scrambler 2X4 in on my Z400 and I've been real happy so far. The Scrambler was faster in a straight line, but was a hand full on the trails. It had no "Shakes" but did go through a couple bad hillclimbing crashes. The steering post was bent, the bushings on the post were worn and loose, and the front tie rods had slop. The beast was a little scary up to speed on the trails, kind of had a mind of its own. I was looking into new parts to replace everything worn out, and replace the rims and tires, also upgradeing to better front struts and springs. All of that was going to cost so much money that I just decided to trade it in on the Z.
I think the Z is easily the best quad I have ever ridden, and I've spent time on just about everything out there.

But you comments on the Scrambler, are inmature chilsish and wrong. In the dunes and on fire roads almost nothing is going to be any faster then a 65 Horse Scrambler with the proper handling upgrades.

Old 12-20-2002, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default Scramblers blow

Well thank you all for your opinions, I appreciate them all. Well jus to inform everyone I have decided to get me a Z. So we'll se how this works out. Thanks again.

Old 12-21-2002, 12:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default Scramblers blow

Have you ever raced a Scrambler with "HPD" mods. Your "little Z" wouldnt have a chance..........boy!

Old 12-21-2002, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default Scramblers blow

I really don't care if "my little 400" won't beat an "HPD" Scrambler it does not really matter to me. I just like to ride NOT race.

Old 12-21-2002, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Scramblers blow

WOW!!! You mean a STOCK Z won't outrun a HPD MODDED Scrambler?? Who'da thought....

Quick Reply: Scramblers blow