Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

z set-up for the dunes?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 10:33 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default z set-up for the dunes?

i want to get the z for my son, and i'm wondering what everyone has found to make the z better at the dunes? i"m not wanting to build the engine, but gearing and pipes and tires, and maybe some air box mods, mainly the basics at this point. thanks

Old 12-18-2002, 11:29 AM
Range Rover

FROM WHAT I HAVE READ. THE YOSHIMURA FULL SYSTEM IS A GREAT PIPE AND TO ADD STABILITY I WOULD GET THE SAND SPORT WHEEL SPACERS. THEY ARE AWSOME.

Old 12-18-2002, 04:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well the system I have works Great!! I have the sand sport spacers but took them off because it was tooo wide. I used the Trinity Stage IV exhaust with their jets and the Alba K&N filter kit and it rocks for the Z.

Old 12-18-2002, 04:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Also for the tires, I didnt put any paddles on it at this time but heck, with the stock tires I can go anywhere out there at the dunes and havent got stuck yet. If I were to buy paddles I am going to get the ones that are on my Raptor, The Edge by skat trak. I have had the sand skate II's but they road rough and didnt have the handling like the edges and the haulers were just the same, only liked thoughs when I sand dragged but thats all, they didnt allow me to turn very well when riding the dunes.

Old 12-24-2002, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

I think the best thing you can do for a z 400 in the dunes is JUNK IT!!!!!!!! Buy a banshee (A real dune machine!!!) or you could always continue to ride a frame breaking SLED !!! "IF IT ENDS IN "I" ITS GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!!!"

Old 12-24-2002, 01:20 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

Gee THANKS for that Inspiring bit of information. It's so wonderfull to hear from someone with so much Wisdom and Insite. Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to enlighten us all. By the way, how much are they paying you Rocket Scientist these days?

Hey it's nice to see that you Love your kid enough to let them ride a peice of Junk.

Old 12-24-2002, 10:01 PM
Elite Pro Rider

don't need another 2 stroke just asking, it is for my son and he just needs a good running bike that i don't have to work on all the time (blaster)

Old 12-25-2002, 12:30 AM
Range Rover

k&n filter, mbrp pipe ( its dune legal so no tickets to worry about ), maybe a 13th front sprocket and youll smoke that stock craptor and outhandle and have a much funner and comfortable ride, also +2 a-arms and shocks are well worth the upgrade [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. longer swingarm would be nice too for hill shooting. kings turbo paddles or haulers for tires.

Old 12-25-2002, 03:47 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey dunerunner026,
Not to get off the original subject, but, how do you like your MBRP pipe? I 'm just starting to mod mine and I really like what I'm hearing and reading about MBRP. Is it alot louder then stock? I want it to sound better but not obnoxious, and get some more HP and Torque. Any info would be much appreciated.

Old 12-25-2002, 03:50 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: LTZevil400
Hey dunerunner026,
Not to get off the original subject, but, how do you like your MBRP pipe? I 'm just starting to mod mine and I really like what I'm hearing and reading about MBRP. Is it alot louder then stock? I want it to sound better but not obnoxious, and get some more HP and Torque. Any info would be much appreciated.

i actually havent got it yet i ordered it the other day, but i guess its about 5hp with no lid and K&N filter about the same as the trinity and ct. the good this is its less than 95db so its dune legal in oregon.

Quick Reply: z set-up for the dunes?