Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Totally Impressed with New Eiger

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 10:31 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Totally Impressed with New Eiger

First off, great forum. I picked up a new Eiger 4x4 5spd and couldnt be happier. Engine performance seems strong, handling nice and predictable, and just an all around well thought out machine. Price wise, I feel I got a decent deal at $5050 out the door. Compared to a Honda, I saved quite a bit. The only thing I wish it had was digital instrument panel, but i guess thats one less to break. My only complaint is a foot brake light switch that is hanging up making the stoplight light up unless I push the lever back up. Not a big deal at all but Im kinda **** about lights. Anyhow thanks for the good advice on a great machine to put to work. Kupa[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-27-2002, 02:49 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Kupashaw
First off, great forum. I picked up a new Eiger 4x4 5spd and couldnt be happier. Engine performance seems strong, handling nice and predictable, and just an all around well thought out machine. Price wise, I feel I got a decent deal at $5050 out the door. Compared to a Honda, I saved quite a bit. The only thing I wish it had was digital instrument panel, but i guess thats one less to break. My only complaint is a foot brake light switch that is hanging up making the stoplight light up unless I push the lever back up. Not a big deal at all but Im kinda **** about lights. Anyhow thanks for the good advice on a great machine to put to work. Kupa[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Wow, I have the exact rig (check out my gallery page to see my grille gaurd I added) and mine is a 4X4, 5 spd. I also have the brake light that comes on and with a tap of the brake, it goes of for a while. I finally pulled the brake wire so its only a running light. I will try to correct it. Dumped my original tires for some nice Cheng Shin chevron type, added the Warn 2500 winch. As for the digital speedo, my other quad I was considering was the Big Bear and the speedo was all optional for $300 more! ANd no stop lights either. I love this quad. I paid MSRP at $4999, plus T&L.

Old 12-27-2002, 06:38 PM
Trailblazer

Kupshaw, you will never miss the digital when it goes out and you have to pay big bucks for repair. Electronics are wonderful but tried and true mechanical speedos and such have some advantages of their own. I am very please with my Eiger also.

Old 12-27-2002, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

I'm really please with mine so far. Great throttle and ride. Mine sat for about a month in cold weather and it started right up the other day (w/choke).