Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

An easy way to become a pro rider.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 09:53 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An easy way to become a pro rider.....

may i add..........i would buy myself a 2 stroke but there too much money to keep running good.....kinda like a high maintance quad.......my dad has a lt250 and a special edition banshee that he just bought....pretty fun but i would take a four stoke over them any day

Old 03-26-2003, 10:09 PM
Trailblazer

the 4 strokes arent what they used to be..back in 98 i bought a 98 warrior...after riding it for about 3 weeks..i thought it sucked..then i bought a 99 banshee..now that was cool..after i had my son ..due to money issues i sold both...when it was time to get another quad..i said to my self ..i will never buy a 4 stroke..so i bought a used 87 banshee with a trinity motor in it..it was awsome..but then the money i was putting in it to keep it running was gettig out of control..so i sold it..after a few years my buddy i havent talked to bought a 2003 z400..when i rode it i couldnt belive that it was 4 stroke..so i went out and got a used 2001 raptor..because i thought to my self i need bigger that a 400 ...race after race i only beat him by about 1.1/2 quad lengths ..everytime i rode his quad..i found it to be alot better than the raptor..so i sold it and bought a z400..now if it was 5 years ago i would never own a 4 stroke ..now im couldnt be happier...you see what im saying ..the technolgy today is getting unbelivebal....mind you the z only has 50 cc more than the warrior...

Old 03-26-2003, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

Me personally,I think the more strokes the better,heh heh.

Old 03-27-2003, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

biggin...to answer your question...the reason they sound so different is because of the basic design of the engine. for every four revolutions of the crankshaft...the 4 stroke has only one power stroke (noise producing stroke)...on a 2 stroke you have 2 power strokes...so...twice the noise for the exact same amount of engine RPM! The pipe also *does* have a lot to do with the sound as well. A 2 stroke pipe is designed to produce exhaust back pressure. A 4 stroke pipe is designed to *eliminate* exhaust back pressure. They are very differnt engines! And jus to add to the 2 vs. 4 stroke argument...i got in a race with my bud on his toomy equiped banshee....he was *very* dissapointed when he could not get away from me!!! And the best part for me is...on those long rides...the 2 strokes will be out of gas...and ill still be goin...and goin...and goin...etc...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2003, 01:41 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the reason that no one in the US had used direct injection technology is the same reason we havent seen it in cars. gasoline in japan and many parts of europe is much cleaner than it is in the US. the dirty gasoline would destroy the components at a pace that would make it much more of a hassle and cost than it would ever be worth.

but, we can look at the efi in the cannondale quads as a step forward. even though the company went under, the technology was very important in promoting the performance and stature of their quads. we all know that, even while unreliable, the cannondale did quite a bit with only 440cc's. the industry just isnt profitable enough to put that kind of money into new products unless the changes are mandated by the government.

the reason that most of todays new quads are 4 strokers is because they are easier to build within pollution specifications. 2 strokes produce a lot more blow by, which creates more pollution.

Old 03-27-2003, 06:56 PM
Trailblazer

ahhh i love to hear these stories about the z......it makes me want one so badly......my friend has a stock warrior. My scrambler when it was stock use to beat it on top end and we would be dead even on accel. Now that i have the hotseat 500 speed kit on it i crush him begining and the end. That quad dosent have too much to it. the name is there but the technology isn't. think about it...warrior....sounds like something that should rip it up. Hey i wanna hear some imput on the z400 vs some bigger quads like the ds650.....i know the ds would win in a race(650cc) but what if you put a pipe and a few little mods to the z...........how will they compare?

Old 03-27-2003, 07:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider

you would need a pipe and some good jetting. probably some better tires and a change in gearing to beat a ds. not sure how much more, but a 440 kit would probably put you where you want to be.

Old 03-27-2003, 07:20 PM
Trailblazer

would one of these bad boys do the trick.....
http://www.trinityracingproducts.com/suzz4perkit.html

Old 03-27-2003, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

yep, pretty slick...but it may take more to be a pro rider than this...LOL..

Old 03-27-2003, 07:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

yep, thats the kind of kit im talking about. a guy on a z raced me, and his bike looked stock, still had the stock pipe on it even. after he beat me up the hill a few times by about 3 or 4 quad lengths, i asked him what was under the hood. he denied that his quad was anything but stock. i was beating other raptors and even piped shees and raptors all day, so i couldnt undertand it. i talked to the guys brother later on the hill, and he told me he had a 440 kit.

long story short, the kit gives you some mad hp.

Quick Reply: An easy way to become a pro rider.....