Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

best exhaust system for z400/kfx400

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 11:51 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best exhaust system for z400/kfx400

beanz

That is the issue i am referencing...right in the article (very bottom of page 107 and top of 108) they say that they dont believe the yoshi and graydon pipes are dead-on and could easily be improved...totally different curve then what is shown on the Yoshi sight.

FsT4WrD

Just going by what they put in the article (see page reference above) and the feedback i have received from the mechs around here...they actually pointed out to me where dirt wheels kinda questioned the jetting on the Yoshi and the other. Actually in the dirtwheels shoot out ... the Pro Circuit unit is the one that shined...showed power coming on quick at 4000 rpms with a respectable finish as well...but again...how and where it hits is just as important sometimes as how much it hits.

Actually, if you do a little research and tie it in with how you like to ride and where you want the power hit ... that should dictate your choice...i was looking for a good pull throughout but wanted the strongest in the mid-range. I HEARD CT is best on the high end of the midrange through top end (people that have them). HMF supposed to be a strong puller down low and the Yoshi hits from low end through the mid-range...where Yosh has worked so closely with Suzuki on the Z and some of their other projects I cant see them being to far off. Have also heard good things about the muzzy and trinity...they say HMF customer service is great and will truly go the extra mile if you encounter some type of problem.

I know the quad sure does come alive with some air and a pipe...so go to the manufacturers sites and see what info they post...most will have dyno charts that they conducted...see where in the powerband it comes on strongest and match it to what your looking for...overall HP isnt always the main ticket either...torque and where it comes on are big factors too...but almost any pipe will improve the performance through the entire powerband to some degree ...just certain pipes hit stronger at certain times...good hunting...you will enjoy your 400 even more once piped...I know i did.

Old 05-01-2003, 05:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best exhaust system for z400/kfx400

z400onthedunes

you live in Oregon man. Go chech out LRD. They are pretty compairable to CT. And you can pick it up yourself and save on the shipping. It is usually pretty spendy due to the fact that it ways more than 5 lbs usually.